+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sparks

Sparks

Was lucky to have been in the audience at the Royal Albert Hall last night to see them live. Unbelievable performance from 2 guys well into their 70’s as was quite a proportion of the audience, age doesn’t seem to have affected them at all, This Town and Number One Song In Heaven had everyone up dancing!

They were good and original in the seventies.
    I might be old fashioned but pop is a young mans game, not the same seeing old blokes in their seventies or in the case of the stones, their eighties prancing around the stage.
    Last Friday they had a singer on at the local and these women in their fifties turned up in short skirts and low cut tops and started dancing with abandon.
    It looks good in your early twenties but not in your fifties.
    Some people can't let go of the past, they make themselves look silly especially to younger people.
    Let people remember you at your best then quietly fade into obscurity.
    Nick Berry called it right.

Good post ‘55. As the saying goes ‘mutton dressed as lamb.’ It’s not just females but males as well. Men with long hair and pony tails look silly in my opinion. Mind you, I don’t like pony tails on young men either. Don’t go a bundle on tattoos either.

Saw Sparks live in Coventry when they first came on the scene. My Dad cajoled me into taking my young sister who was mad on them. Got to be honest they were very good and a lot better than I had expected. The big surprise for me was the support band. It was Pilot who had just had a hit with It's Magic. They were really good and had a brilliant guitarist.

Sparks were a one off due to the appearance of the keyboard player and I was surprised to find much later that they were brothers. Does he still look like Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Sparks were a one off due to the appearance of the keyboard player and I was surprised to find much later that they were brothers. Does he still look like Hitler?
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/spark...rucior-3342665

Look exactly like that! The new music is pretty good.

Apparently, despite appearances, the two brothers in Sparks are one of the few sibling acts that still get on together (unlike the Everly or Gallagher brothers for example) and are still working. Certainly made an impact when they first turned up -Lennon reportedly phoned Ringo up to say he'd just seen Marc Bolan and Hitler on the telly together when he first saw them which is probably what most people thought-but personally think the gimmick didn't wear that well. Surprisingly to me, they had more decent songs to them than This Town.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)