+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers in and out Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You are a long way short yet, of being able to knock back offers I'm afraid.
    Are we, though?

No debt other than an alleged £1.5M we still owe Arsenal for Bielik.

On the plus side, the business plan we operated under last season budgeted on income from average gates of 17,000. Gates were 10K higher than that. We didn't overspend on the business plan budget AND we had 10K more through the doors at every game. There's £5.3M extra in gate receipts (based on £20 a ticket) plus whatever we had left from the budgeted income. That's more than the entire budget of some of our rivals. Based on modest fees, some freebies and sensible wages that's enough for the 10 to 12 players we need.

The current squad counts 16 players but that includes Loach who will be 3rd choice keeper and coach and it includes Oduroh who I expect to be in the 21s again. Basically 14 players. 10 to 12 newbies is what we need so we can rotate players to prevent another running out of steam. Having said that, we should remember that half of last season's squad only had 2 or 3 weeks of pre season and that, IMO, is what caused the "blow up". I fully expect the squad to be almost complete when pre season starts, probably on Monday June 26th, giving us a 6 week pre season which is par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Are we, though?

No debt other than an alleged £1.5M we still owe Arsenal for Bielik.

On the plus side, the business plan we operated under last season budgeted on income from average gates of 17,000. Gates were 10K higher than that. We didn't overspend on the business plan budget AND we had 10K more through the doors at every game. There's £5.3M extra in gate receipts (based on £20 a ticket) plus whatever we had left from the budgeted income. That's more than the entire budget of some of our rivals. Based on modest fees, some freebies and sensible wages that's enough for the 10 to 12 players we need.

The current squad counts 16 players but that includes Loach who will be 3rd choice keeper and coach and it includes Oduroh who I expect to be in the 21s again. Basically 14 players. 10 to 12 newbies is what we need so we can rotate players to prevent another running out of steam. Having said that, we should remember that half of last season's squad only had 2 or 3 weeks of pre season and that, IMO, is what caused the "blow up". I fully expect the squad to be almost complete when pre season starts, probably on Monday June 26th, giving us a 6 week pre season which is par for the course.
    So you are saying DCFC don't have any debts?
    That you can brush away offers for clubs and tell players you are going no where?
    Wow you must be the only club outside of Manchester that can do that then,

In fact Skybet has Derby down as champions. I suggest you run along quickly to the bookies and snap their hand off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So you are saying DCFC don't have any debts?
    That you can brush away offers for clubs and tell players you are going no where?
    Wow you must be the only club outside of Manchester that can do that then,

In fact Skybet has Derby down as champions. I suggest you run along quickly to the bookies and snap their hand off.
    I'm going to have to agree with Tricky here, (note to GP not even the 2nd time I've done so on football issues), we may financially be sound, but if a club at a higher level offers a significant fee for one of our players, together with higher wages and a chance to play at a higher level, then I don't see how Derby can knock the offer back. More so if the player has only 1 year left on their contract, the club would not turn down a couple of million now for a player who could go free (barring some compo if an academy player) and who would be less than happy to have his football ambitions stifled by the club.

So its entirely possible that we will lose a player and if Norwich make a bid for Cashin that meets the clubs value, then the lad is more than likely want to go and play for a club with a realistic chance of challenging for promotion from the championship with a contract that could be £10k a week more than he is on, with performance and promotion bonuses on top of that.

I wouldn't want to stand in his or that of any other player with ambition, they have to think of their careers.

Sadly I think you're right Swale. DCFC will find it difficult to stand in the way of someone like Cashin or Knight if any offer comes along that is attractive to the player's ambitions. Additionally this would also be true even if the offer isn't financially attractive to the club since the players owe little loyalty as few have more than a year's history with us

Brereton Diaz released by Blackburn....anyone,?

Yeah every player has their price regardless of club.

There won't be any fire sale or letting players go for pennies, we didn't even do that when in admin much to the annoyance of fans of other clubs who cried like little babies about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    There won't be any fire sale or letting players go for pennies, we didn't even do that when in admin much to the annoyance of fans of other clubs who cried like little babies about it.
    Agreeing with that. On the specific subjects of Cashin and Knight...not sure about the latter but I’ve met Cash a few times and he loves the place...take a lot to make him leave imo. Debatable how ready he is to be a Championship regular and he won’t find a bigger L1 club so why would he go?

Agree with MA’s appraisal. We’re healthier than we could have ever imagined eleven or twelve months ago, we’re well run by a realistic owner, being promotion contenders next season is a realistic aim and in order to achieve that I’d envisage at least eight incomers before the new season.

I'd say 8 is a minimum. We have lost 3 CB's and 5 loans and have 14 definite first team players, 2 to possibly sign, McGoldrick and Loach, though I guess 4 or 5 could be quality loan players again.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Brereton Diaz released by Blackburn....anyone,?
    Seems destined for Villarreal apparently.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)