+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers in and out Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So you are saying DCFC don't have any debts?
    That you can brush away offers for clubs and tell players you are going no where?
    Wow you must be the only club outside of Manchester that can do that then,

In fact Skybet has Derby down as champions. I suggest you run along quickly to the bookies and snap their hand off.
    I suggest you be somewhat less condescending in someone else's house.

Debts? If you had bothered to read ALL of my post you would see that we still owe Arsenal part of the transfer fee. The EFL is happy we have paid our bills and have made a profit on last season. I could have gone on to explain that, like any company, there will be invoices received that haven't reached their due date, not for great amounts but a small "debt".

Yes, we are in a position where we can choose who we sell and for what price. Bielik will go, possibly to Brum, if they can sort their financial mess out. He's probably the one player we'd let go "on the cheap". He doesn't want to be here as it negatively affects his International career prospects. Warne knows and understands that and has said so. For the first time in a long while we are in a position where cheapskate offers for players can be laughed at and turned down. Not only are we in a healthy financial position, we will, again, sell well more than 20K season tickets and will again see crowds in the upper 20K's. No more selling the family jewels for a tanner to pay wages.

We have north of £6M in the kitty with more to come.

Skybet? They are far from the only ones who have us down as favourites for the title. Most, if not all, of the other firms also have Derby at between 5/1 and 6/1.

As I said in another post, we currently have 14 players. We need a dozen more in order to have wiggle room in the rotation department and avoid running out of steam again.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I suggest you be somewhat less condescending in someone else's house.

Debts? If you had bothered to read ALL of my post you would see that we still owe Arsenal part of the transfer fee. The EFL is happy we have paid our bills and have made a profit on last season. I could have gone on to explain that, like any company, there will be invoices received that haven't reached their due date, not for great amounts but a small "debt".

Yes, we are in a position where we can choose who we sell and for what price. Bielik will go, possibly to Brum, if they can sort their financial mess out. He's probably the one player we'd let go "on the cheap". He doesn't want to be here as it negatively affects his International career prospects. Warne knows and understands that and has said so. For the first time in a long while we are in a position where cheapskate offers for players can be laughed at and turned down. Not only are we in a healthy financial position, we will, again, sell well more than 20K season tickets and will again see crowds in the upper 20K's. No more selling the family jewels for a tanner to pay wages.

We have north of £6M in the kitty with more to come.

Skybet? They are far from the only ones who have us down as favourites for the title. Most, if not all, of the other firms also have Derby at between 5/1 and 6/1.

As I said in another post, we currently have 14 players. We need a dozen more in order to have wiggle room in the rotation department and avoid running out of steam again.

Never intended to be condescending at all. I was staggered by your statement and still am after reading that.

Did you actually read what I and 2 others wrote?
    DCFC are a league 1 side. You cannot bat away most offers for players. Sure, you can stop the silly ones for a short time. But offers will come, the players get their heads turned and if they want out, they are going.
    Its the way it is. Since Bosman, player power rules.

We had it promotion season over Johnson. Brentford bid 7 then 8 then 9 million quid.
    We knew it was cheap, but Johnson held the cards. As I was told, the only reason it didn't happen, was Marinakis promised him that move, if we failed. He got a massive contract rise of it as well.

Yes I know you owe Arsenal for Bielik. But you aren't debt free either, as neither are 99% of football clubs.
    You call me condescending, but your reply came out as quite arrogant, with the situation. Don't kid yourself sir.
    No one is safe, where transfers are concerned.

Now we've just booted 5 players on a free, go shopping.

As an afterthought. Perhaps Maddy you would like to peruse over this?
    Take note of contract expiry dates and player values.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derb...lyse/verein/22

Tricky...you and I rarely agree about more serious matters but, where football is concerned, I haven’t forgotten your advice about McGoldrick from last August, and it proved very sensible.

Having said that I just can’t see that we have much in the way of players that ‘bigger’ clubs are likely to be looking at.
    As regards our size and reputation that’s not arrogance on my part...there just aren’t any other L1 clubs who can boast better support and a better stadium. In the words of Joe Wildsmith, ‘who wouldn’t want to play here?’

As regards the players themselves...Wildsmith himself, McGoldrick, Cashin and possibly Knight are the most saleable imo, but both Wildsmith and Cashin are settled and happy, McGoldrick is probably too old to move to a higher level and Knight had a slightly indifferent season which won’t have Championship sides queuing up with spectacular offers...again imo.

On the down side we have two or three players, all signed last summer, who I’d be happy to let go but I can’t see there being a huge number of potential suitors for them either, so it’s a case of build on what we have, strengthen where we were lacking and where we’ve already lost players from and go again...but I doubt we’ll be in the market for your cast offs although, personally, I’d love us to sign Surridge.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-06-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky...you and I rarely agree about more serious matters but, where football is concerned, I haven’t forgotten your advice about McGoldrick from last August, and it proved very sensible.

Having said that I just can’t see that we have much in the way of players that ‘bigger’ clubs are likely to be looking at.
    As regards our size and reputation that’s not arrogance on my part...there just aren’t any other L1 clubs who can boast better support and a better stadium. In the words of Joe Wildsmith, ‘who wouldn’t want to play here?’

As regards the players themselves...Wildsmith himself, McGoldrick, Cashin and possibly Knight are the most saleable imo, but both Wildsmith and Cashin are settled and happy, McGoldrick is probably too old to move to a higher level and Knight had a slightly indifferent season which won’t have Championship sides queuing up with spectacular offers...again imo.

On the down side we have two or three players, all signed last summer, who I’d be happy to let go but I can’t see there being a huge number of potential suitors for them either, so it’s a case of build on what we have, strengthen where we were lacking and where we’ve already lost players from and go again...but I doubt we’ll be in the market for your cast offs although, personally, I’d love us to sign Surridge.
    RA, you are correct. We do not argue when it comes to footy.
    But it seems to have escaped you as well. In League 1, yes Derby are huge. But your best assets won't be courted by Lg1 .
    But The Championship, where a number of clubs that take youngsters for development, with an eye on re sale.
    That really is my point.
    DCFC are still under certian restrictions, Yes/No?
    Can you offer a big pay rise to the likes of Cashin? Then bear in mind the remaining length of his contract.
    He certainly won't be signing another one without a pay rise and if a Champs club/ agent starts pumping figures over salary. What choice would you have? Even the transfer fee goes down by the month.

The Surridge suggestion is a classic example.
    He really is surplus to requirements now, yet there is a decent Championship striker there. But he no doubt had a pay rise to prem wages and being under contract, only a certain few in the Champs will afford him. (Leeds/Leicester/Southampton/ Watford/Sunderland).

The pay scale makes hanging on to anyone harder and harder. Looking at your squad list, you have 15 players out of contract in 1 year.
    Some serious rengotiations will be going on right now, or that lot walk for nowt in 12 months. So does the £6 million Maddy mentioned include that, or is that on top?

If you want a suggestion, I would be looking at Taylor from us on a free, if you can persuade him. He'd murder that league. He's 33 yet got 2 years of good football in him. Persuade him, there's your Mcgoaldrick replacement/ cover.

Tricky you have described the situation succinctly. Knight and Cashin are IMO most likely to go, Bielik is certain to go, which might not raise funds but will certainly free up wages for 2 or 3 players.

As for Cashin being happy at Derby, isn't every player until another club offers to double their wages and to play at higher level?

Bamford was mentioned for Derby but he's a forest fan isn't he? might end up there.

I expected Knight to go before now so think we have had bonus time already from him.

I can't see either going higher than the championship though so I hope they move to a genuinely big club with good prospects, I'd hate to see them move to a Coventry or Birmingham.

'Sent to Coventry', shudder at the thought. No, don't inflict that on any of them!

I'd have said Sunderland, Wednesday etc might be a good move. At a push Knight could do a job for one of the likely PL relegation contenders but if he does hope its not Forest

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)