+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers in and out Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Bamford was mentioned for Derby but he's a forest fan isn't he? might end up there.
    Thats pie in the sky surely? He will stay at Leeds or another championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thats pie in the sky surely? He will stay at Leeds or another championship club.
    yep, personally think he'd an average championship player at best

TTR. We made north of £6M more than the budget in the plan agreed with the EFL. We kept within the budget which means more profit over and above the £6M. How much more I have no idea.

You and rA are right. There will be negotiations going on with current players to get them to sign extensions. In the main, I expect that to be the young uns as the older ones probably won't be wanted beyond next season anyway. If the club is savvy, they will offer them 2 or 3 year deals (if 3 is allowed under the amended plan) with a get out clause of "if we're not top 6 come January, you can go for X (a figure agreed between club/player/agent) and if we then fail to promote you can also go for X amount". That may well appeal to the likes of Sibs, Cash, Bird etc.

We shall see.

Now, back to my 1st paragraph. We made more money than was budgeted for in the business plan. We have that money. We also didn't spend as much as we were allowed to under the plan. We have that money too. Now, I might be being thick on this but, apart from invoices not yet due to be paid, how are we in debt other than not yet due invoices and whatever we still owe Arsenal for Bielik (believed to be £1,5M)?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Bamford was mentioned for Derby but he's a forest fan isn't he? might end up there.
    That ships long sailed. Never good enough at Prem level, so any that does get him, would be a Luton etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    TTR. We made north of £6M more than the budget in the plan agreed with the EFL. We kept within the budget which means more profit over and above the £6M. How much more I have no idea.

You and rA are right. There will be negotiations going on with current players to get them to sign extensions. In the main, I expect that to be the young uns as the older ones probably won't be wanted beyond next season anyway. If the club is savvy, they will offer them 2 or 3 year deals (if 3 is allowed under the amended plan) with a get out clause of "if we're not top 6 come January, you can go for X (a figure agreed between club/player/agent) and if we then fail to promote you can also go for X amount". That may well appeal to the likes of Sibs, Cash, Bird etc.

We shall see.

Now, back to my 1st paragraph. We made more money than was budgeted for in the business plan. We have that money. We also didn't spend as much as we were allowed to under the plan. We have that money too. Now, I might be being thick on this but, apart from invoices not yet due to be paid, how are we in debt other than not yet due invoices and whatever we still owe Arsenal for Bielik (believed to be £1,5M)?
    Ask the finance guru's in here.

But my knowledge/ understanding of it would be. The guy who bought you out, had to
    1. Pay off the debts outstanding or face ruin
    2. Take on the long term debts of DCFC, unless he has wiped the slate clean and said forget it? So which one is it?

Were not going to see any accounts till mid March 2024: so it's all a bit speculative. Sure our income is above expectation, but I'm not prepared to bet we've got that all left in our sweaty paws still

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ask the finance guru's in here.

But my knowledge/ understanding of it would be. The guy who bought you out, had to
    1. Pay off the debts outstanding or face ruin
    2. Take on the long term debts of DCFC, unless he has wiped the slate clean and said forget it? So which one is it?
    My understanding that is that under the takeover the long term debts were paid off at xP in the £ and cleared. He bought the stadium off Mel Morris, so that debt no longer stands.

Of course we don't know if he borrowed to buy the club and the stadium, but there is no public indication that is the case. He seems to be funding the club from his own source, no borrowing there, so at the moment, other than Bieliks remaining tranche of transfer fees and the normal creditors one would expect at a business there are no outstanding loans or debts it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

We shall see.

None of which I disagree with, but if a championship club comes in with a realistic offer for a player, then we would struggle to refuse the move, given they could offer to double their wages (minimum) and offer bonuses dependent upon league position promotion etc way beyond what Derby could match.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    That ships long sailed. Never good enough at Prem level, so any that does get him, would be a Luton etc.
    Yeah was said tongue in cheek. Would hate to have him at Derby, horrible cheating very average player.

Don’t know how much there is in it but we still seem to be openly linked with Cheltenham’s Alfie May.
    Seem to be in competition with Wrexham, Peterborough and Millwall...all of whom I’d hope we can see off, despite the latter being a Championship side they’re still...Millwall!
    Don’t recall seeing enough of him to comment meaningfully but May’s record at L1 level is excellent.
    At our level and with our restrictions I imagine building a team is like creating a jigsaw, we can’t afford risks and the players we sign have to gel, but - superficially at least - he’d seem to be a very good fit.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)