+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers in and out Summer 2023

Transfers in and out Summer 2023

Ok lets see what happens in terms of players sold and players brought in to the club this summer.

I note there is discussion over Waghorn who has left Coventry, for me, even at league 1 level I wouldn't want him, better younger and cheaper strikers out there.

Other names being suggested on tinternet.

Alfie May, Sean Clare, Charlie Lindsay, Sonny Bradley no idea how realistic these are but some good ones there potnetially.

As for players being sold, there are rumours that Norwich City are looking to bid for Cashin.

Should we cash in on Cashin?

Lots of rumours from the usual clickbait suspects. All BS naturally. I will believe we might be interested in player X when dcfc.co.uk says he's signed.

Personally, I don't know enough about how the rumoured prospects play. How does Alfie May get his goals. If we bought him, would we play to his strengths or would we try to turn a fox in the box (if he is one) into a target man which he may well not be. Would he fit into Warne's requirements both as a player within whatever the preferred system is going to be and as a person? I have no idea so won't comment on his suitability or otherwise. If he's a Collins type and we persist in having Didzy as the main striker, would Alfie be happy waiting his chance? Same goes for the rest. I don't know enough about them to have a guess at whether or not they would fit Warne's tactics or pass the person/player tests

The Canaries? They can do one. Not interested in selling Cashin. If we fail to go up this time round, he, Sibs,Bird et al can chase the dream but, for now, I want them to get DCFC back in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Lots of rumours from the usual clickbait suspects. All BS naturally. I will believe we might be interested in player X when dcfc.co.uk says he's signed.

Personally, I don't know enough about how the rumoured prospects play. How does Alfie May get his goals. If we bought him, would we play to his strengths or would we try to turn a fox in the box (if he is one) into a target man which he may well not be. Would he fit into Warne's requirements both as a player within whatever the preferred system is going to be and as a person? I have no idea so won't comment on his suitability or otherwise. If he's a Collins type and we persist in having Didzy as the main striker, would Alfie be happy waiting his chance? Same goes for the rest. I don't know enough about them to have a guess at whether or not they would fit Warne's tactics or pass the person/player tests

The Canaries? They can do one. Not interested in selling Cashin. If we fail to go up this time round, he, Sibs,Bird et al can chase the dream but, for now, I want them to get DCFC back in the Championship.
    Aye but the same applies to any club. If the offer comes along and the player himself smells an opportunity, it's happening.
    You are a long way short yet, of being able to knock back offers I'm afraid.
    Champs clubs are the same to Lg 1, as the Prem is to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Aye but the same applies to any club. If the offer comes along and the player himself smells an opportunity, it's happening.
    You are a long way short yet, of being able to knock back offers I'm afraid.
    Champs clubs are the same to Lg 1, as the Prem is to the Championship.
    I would agree, if the fee is high enough and the player wants to go, then we will be unable to prevent them going. Not sure how the revised business plan works but presumably if we can raise money through transfer fees, it can be reinvested!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I would agree, if the fee is high enough and the player wants to go, then we will be unable to prevent them going. Not sure how the revised business plan works but presumably if we can raise money through transfer fees, it can be reinvested!
    Please note 31 May 2023 as a day that will live in infamy. In a public post Swale says to Tricky "I would agree....." Possibly the first time this has been said and likely the last for a few years....

Shall we have a go at all picking the number of players forest sign?

Id go for 17 this time round, own on last year but still a worthy effort

Sounds about right, Lingard rumoured to be off to beskitas, so going from being this seasons biggest turkey to playing in turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Please note 31 May 2023 as a day that will live in infamy. In a public post Swale says to Tricky "I would agree....." Possibly the first time this has been said and likely the last for a few years....
    If only this was the one time when you were correct. However, if you have enough time to waste and are sad enough, I think if you trawled back through some posts over recent months where on football matters at any rate I have previously agreed with Tricky!

But enough of this off the the topic of the thread, the idea was to generate some discussion, plus any rumours floating around for Derby.

In terms of where we need positions filled, centre backs clearly, right back and left back, and at least a couple of strikers, even if one is a young one to develop alongside McGoldrick, who we cannot expect perform as he did this season, or stay fit.

So numbers in?

My take is min of 2 CB, 2 FB, 2 ST and a creative CM or WM and a good DM. At least 8 and possibly with cover up to 12 players required.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Id go for 17 this time round, own on last year but still a worthy effort
    Won't be half that. Quality not quantity.
    We had 3 players who didn't even manage a shirt number and 3 now who qualify as squad members this time due to age.
    Sure, there are levers due to contract ends and players being pushed out. But it is impossible to sign more than you can get rid of.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)