+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca to Leicester?

Macca going nowhere is the rumour I heard from a mate who knows his mates 3rd cousin by marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    He was definitely carrying an injury in the playoffs, I’m sure of it. Probably from when the defender went through his ankle against York.
    Maybe not an injury but just fatigue. Early on in the season, he was playing 60-70 mins, once we were down to him, he was playing the full 90 week in, week out. He was just shattered after a very busy season at the end

I reckon I could find one fan from every club in the EFL who would tell me that they are signing Macca. I wouldn't believe any of them.

1.5 mill + Vardy

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    I would like to think that these clubs are a but more astute. Mecca we t hiding in the games against Wrexham Away, Boreham Wood and Chesterfield. He will be man marked now and when he is, he isn't the goalscorer that he was. There will be a better class of defender even if he stays with us. They should all wait another season TBF.
    While he did dry up over the last few games I wouldn't say he went missing. The opposition closed him down and we very rarely got the ball into the right place for him (a foretaste of L2?). His game is based on running onto a ball and we were forced into a possession game around the edges of a packed defensive third. Couldn't fault his work rate trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    While he did dry up over the last few games I wouldn't say he went missing. The opposition closed him down and we very rarely got the ball into the right place for him (a foretaste of L2?). His game is based on running onto a ball and we were forced into a possession game around the edges of a packed defensive third. Couldn't fault his work rate trying though.
    Agree. Wrexham did a really good job of nullifying our main attacking threat which was crosses from the wing backs, and remember Boreham Wood had the best defensive record in the division. If Macca doesn't get the service he still works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I reckon he's more likely to go to Boro or Sunderland.
    I reckon he's more likely to stay at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    I reckon he's more likely to stay at Notts.
    Simple fact of the matter is that unlike Rodders, Cameron and Nemane, Langstaff is under contract and can only leave if the club receives a bid it considers worthwhile accepting. Given that Jamie Vardy commanded a £1 million fee when he moved from non-league Fleetwood to Leicester 12 years ago, since when transfer fees have risen further, that gives a fair idea of what price range we're talking about, plus significant sell-on clauses.

Of course Macauley will have his price and the speculation will only intensify going forward, but if we do cash in it needs to be for an amount that gives us significantly increased spending power of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    This. I really hope we can keep him because I think he's another with a top notch attitude. However, we did struggle for shots on target at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Whether that's down to other teams sussing out LW's style, or just us not being able to overcome 10 players behind the ball playing a quick press, OR a dip in form from ML and RR, or all of the above, it's hard to say exactly.

LW is such an exciting manager right now. With Macca, or with the money from Macca's sale, t's going to be hugely interesting to see how and what Williams does next season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I imagine so, easily
    Me too… £50,000,000 for relegation… small change

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast