+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radz latest Twitter post today.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Puzzled ?

You've often mentioned over the years that you've only been able to attend a few games of your choice under i assume 'different owners' & possibly different Coaches' too. May i ask who the Chairman & Managers/Coaches were and why you felt able to attend ?

You also turned down an opportunity for a freebie Saints ticket plus shirts for your grandson from myself at one stage i recall.

Often your posts have been littered with attacks on ticket prices home & away going back to when my Mum was a club fan representative & you often mentioned that you had a ST in the past (1960s) but no more.

Yes, i'm upset at current events as well, more so my family but we move on from them (again) which is something you often criticise our fan base for. My extended family ages range from 10 to 70 actually all renewed ST's.

Daft as it seems I've just got my 'relegation-discount' for my shared ST to be among folks who of course often complain now & then, often via letters to club, myself included regarding disability rights issues Leeds fans encounter.
    The club in that respect always directly communicate back in my experience, particularly under the Radz tenure so not all was negative & certainly they listened & acted to address matters.

Your choices to opiniate on matters i accept but i genuinely would like to know what would actually make you attend a match next season to cheer on our beloved club ?
    I recall Totty that WTF always maintained he could not attend matches due to financially not being able to. I used to go to every game here till my parents got sick and my savings went north. That's the age when costs were so affordable so I can only assume prices now sorry I can as the only game I went to was in 2018 as dad passed and a friend gave me a ticket to go with him and even then it cost me over 100 Dollars without paying to get in. Eg traveling costs.
    People that can afford to go I applaud them but for those that can't, I don't begrudge them.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    My ability to attend matches (home or away) has been affected by a whole raft of issues, as I imagine has yours and most other supporters. Very few have the luxury of making decisions entirely without having to consider matters such as transport, accommodation, costs of all those, as well as the ticket(s) themselves and their availability. I remember some mention of tickets for a match at Saints, but being absolutely honest I can't remember the when, or why I declined (if I did decline explicitly).

I'm sorry you consider my comments about how supporters "forget" the past as criticism. It's simply stating fact, that for whatever reason (and I've been as guilty of it in the past) LUFC supporters (perhaps others), are prepared to "move on" from situations where owners etc have pillaged the club without there ever being any clear indication that we as a body should maybe give our loyalty to the club because it's earned, not simply because someone (or something) owns the club, or a player pulls on the sacred shirt.

I'm pleased that your experience of communicating with LUFC has been positive, however my "dissatisfaction" relates to matters that couldn't be responded to meaningfully, given that they are (or were) to do with the recruitment "policy" adopted by our recently-departed DoF, the ticket prices issue you mention, and other "organisational" issues which neither I, nor any other individual supporter (or group of supporters) could expect any material change happening.

What would make me attend a match?

1. A club owner who demonstrates by their actions rather than words their integrity and honourable intentions towards the club

2. Skilled, professional, suitably experienced Head coach/manager with adequate back room staff able to maintain a fit, competitive playing staff

3. A playing staff who by their performances on the pitch show the kind of heart, commitment and passion that the clubs supporters have willingly demonstrated over decades at no cost, and considerable credit, to the club

4. Ticket prices that show the clubs desire to engage with and maintain a relationship with ALL levels of supporter (Mature singles, families, t e e n age supporters

5. A ground fit for purpose (the current state of ER is a disgrace, with a lick of paint here and a few posters to "brighten the place up", with (as examples), slightly improved beer dispensing yet with a slop house as male toilets in the John Charles stand (what a disgrace to have his name on such a travesty).

Would all that, if attended to, "make" me attend a match? Probably, provided health and other external factors were "on my side". Will they be attended to? I doubt it.
    Thank you for reply.
    Best of luck getting your boxes ticked.

Too many companies operate like politicians - they always promise lots but rarely deliver.

I'll pass your list onto folks who'll pass it to the marketing department within a bundle already prepared, mostly about issues of appropriate shirt sponsors i'm told.
    Amazing what irks fans to put pen to paper.

Sad to read Budweiser teaming up with your loved Harley-Davidson brand for a 'macho commercial' that includes beer cans emblazoned with the motorcycle-maker's logo as ailing company executives try to win back customers - plenty of loyal Harley owners now upset with said tie-up - but would it stop such loyal folks re-buying ?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I recall Totty that WTF always maintained he could not attend matches due to financially not being able to. I used to go to every game here till my parents got sick and my savings went north. That's the age when costs were so affordable so I can only assume prices now sorry I can as the only game I went to was in 2018 as dad passed and a friend gave me a ticket to go with him and even then it cost me over 100 Dollars without paying to get in. Eg traveling costs.
    People that can afford to go I applaud them but for those that can't, I don't begrudge them.
    Hi Oz. appreciate the post, but no need, honestly. Finance has been an issue for a long while, as I suspect is the case for many supporters, hence why it boils the pis55 to see the gazillions wasted by our current (and past) owner when had they chosen to do so they could have subsidised tickets for those club members (NOT ST holders) who were registered unemployed or disabled or, or, or etc, and have done no such thing, ever.

Where I live obviously limits my ability to attend even if money wasn't tight. travel, accommodation (even for ER games, I can't sponge off relatives all the time!) would cost in the order of £200 before ticket costs are added (and that's not stopping at the Ritz or any equivalent).

MT's query is a fair one, what would "make" (bit hard, but I'll live with it) me attend a Leeds match. I've replied as fairly and honestly as I can, and whilst the costs of attending will always be an issue, the other elements of my reply to her query are by an order of magnitude more influential in my decision as to whether I go to any Leeds match, home or away. I would contend that had the majority of LUFC supporters applied the same level of critical judgement as to whether they were willing to expend a fair proportion their hard earned cash on attending ER or away matches, instead of blindly and unquestioningly giving LUFC the loyalty they have, for quite some time, simply not deserved, we probably wouldn't be in the sh1thole we find ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Thank you for reply.
    Best of luck getting your boxes ticked.

Too many companies operate like politicians - they always promise lots but rarely deliver.

I'll pass your list onto folks who'll pass it to the marketing department within a bundle already prepared, mostly about issues of appropriate shirt sponsors i'm told.
    Amazing what irks fans to put pen to paper.

Sad to read Budweiser teaming up with your loved Harley-Davidson brand for a 'macho commercial' that includes beer cans emblazoned with the motorcycle-maker's logo as ailing company executives try to win back customers - plenty of loyal Harley owners now upset with said tie-up - but would it stop such loyal folks re-buying ?
    I doubt that any of my boxes will get ticked, it would cost money that the club doesn't have, and if the situation with Radrizzani and the 49-ers isn't resolved soon, they won't have for a loooooonnnggg time! My response wasn't provided with any expectation that anything substantial will change, more in hope than expectation (some other post recently said "It's the hope that kills you". Quite right).

Shirt sponsors? Ban any sponsorship that features online betting of any sort, anywhere on the globe, period (there, that that one nailed!)

And tin hat time approaching, wrt to the comment about Harley and Anheuser-Busch. I for one would prefer to have Harley Davidson associated with another iconic American brand, than the woke brigade who have managed to destroy the Bud Light brand by having the tie-up with the trans personality Dylan Mulvaney. The only reason they (the Bud folks) are having to try to "win back" customers, is the delusional decision to team up with Mulvaney in order to "attract a new customer base".

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...der-influencer

About time that this ridiculous obsession with gender identity and the desire to appease/cultivate the trans community was called out for the nonsense it is. Minorities the whole world over and for the whole of recorded history have been subject to discrimination, we learn to address it and to treat others with kindness and compassion, not by having the subject (metaphorically) thrust down our throats at every opportunity but by calm and respectful dialogue involving us all.

And there are always folks like this who, born and living in circumstances of privilege, never having to worry about that horribe thing called work, and real life, can jump on any bandwagon they wish;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...b6cee665&ei=36

Since when is it acceptable that biological male, asserting that he was a transitional individual yet exhibiting no physical traits to that effect can assert their right to be sent to a female prison when convicted of rape?

https://news.sky.com/story/transgend...20on%20licence.

So no, not sad to see the Bud brand attempting to rebuild itself, sad that it was necessary in the first place as a result of political correctness gone mad.

No HD owners I know of who are upset by the tie-up, and certainly not likely to be influenced by it when electing to buy again.

(and it's not as though Harley are shy about teaming up with the purveyors of firewater);

Name:  Old-No-7-Jack-Daniels-Springer-Classic-Ozbike_1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  99.3 KB
    Last edited by WTF11; 02-06-2023 at 06:33 PM.

However I prefer mine;

Name:  IMG-20170728-WA0002.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  99.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I doubt that any of my boxes will get ticked, it would cost money that the club doesn't have, and if the situation with Radrizzani and the 49-ers isn't resolved soon, they won't have for a loooooonnnggg time! My response wasn't provided with any expectation that anything substantial will change, more in hope than expectation (some other post recently said "It's the hope that kills you". Quite right).

Shirt sponsors? Ban any sponsorship that features online betting of any sort, anywhere on the globe, period (there, that that one nailed!)

And tin hat time approaching, wrt to the comment about Harley and Anheuser-Busch. I for one would prefer to have Harley Davidson associated with another iconic American brand, than the woke brigade who have managed to destroy the Bud Light brand by having the tie-up with the trans personality Dylan Mulvaney. The only reason they (the Bud folks) are having to try to "win back" customers, is the delusional decision to team up with Mulvaney in order to "attract a new customer base".

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...der-influencer

About time that this ridiculous obsession with gender identity and the desire to appease/cultivate the trans community was called out for the nonsense it is. Minorities the whole world over and for the whole of recorded history have been subject to discrimination, we learn to address it and to treat others with kindness and compassion, not by having the subject (metaphorically) thrust down our throats at every opportunity but by calm and respectful dialogue involving us all.

And there are always folks like this who, born and living in circumstances of privilege, never having to worry about that horribe thing called work, and real life, can jump on any bandwagon they wish;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...b6cee665&ei=36

Since when is it acceptable that biological male, asserting that he was a transitional individual yet exhibiting no physical traits to that effect can assert their right to be sent to a female prison when convicted of rape?

https://news.sky.com/story/transgend...20on%20licence.

So no, not sad to see the Bud brand attempting to rebuild itself, sad that it was necessary in the first place as a result of political correctness gone mad.

No HD owners I know of who are upset by the tie-up, and certainly not likely to be influenced by it when electing to buy again.

(and it's not as though Harley are shy about teaming up with the purveyors of firewater);

Name:  Old-No-7-Jack-Daniels-Springer-Classic-Ozbike_1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  99.3 KB
    WTF Not my bike I cant afford one lol

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    WTF Not my bike I cant afford one lol
    Came up purely coincidentally (shows how widespread the Harley (owners!) interest in bourbon whiskey extends!),

I grew up in St Louis. Anheuser Busch was one of the leading corporate citizens. Many generations had worked there.

My lake beer of choice is Coors Light so I thought this madness would not affect me.

In Bev buys them. It's been downhill for some time but the latest craziness affected me in a totally different way. Because of their wokeness I couldn't find a case of Coors Light anywhere on the Memorial day holiday. it was sold out everywhere. Full stocked shelves of Bud Light, Bud but no Coors. I ended up buying a case of Bud Light. it was on sale for 13.99 and they gave me a $15 coupon. It normally sells for 21.99 at my liquor store. I can't for the life of me figure out what Einstein thought it was a good idea to target the trans community. They don't buy Bud light anyway. It's safe to stereotype the bud light drinker as much more blue collar, red neck and they buy a lot of it. They are gone now and likely will be for a long, long time. Once a beer drinker moves away from the daily drinking beer it's really hard to get them back. Bud light is not a quality beer but more a quantity beer. The kids are moving away from Busch light which is their entry level beer (30 pack - $14.99).

A text book case of how not to treat your customer.

I am a Honda Guy. VFR 800 interceptor. I couldn't afford the Harley in my younger days and the a holes that the Harley dealers employ pretty much turned me off forever. 50 years of riding and dealing with some arrogant clown telling me BS and overcharging for the most basic of bikes left a bad taste. They've only gotten worse over time.

it's a lifestyle and cult image so people put up with it. I'm happy for them but don't feel the need to Give HD my money.

However, if a Vrod ever came up on the cheap that would be another story.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I am a Honda Guy. VFR 800 interceptor. I couldn't afford the Harley in my younger days and the a holes that the Harley dealers employ pretty much turned me off forever. 50 years of riding and dealing with some arrogant clown telling me BS and overcharging for the most basic of bikes left a bad taste. They've only gotten worse over time.

it's a lifestyle and cult image so people put up with it. I'm happy for them but don't feel the need to Give HD my money.

However, if a Vrod ever came up on the cheap that would be another story.
    Not an unusual refrain regarding what the HD dealers get up to, this side of the pond too. However, go to a guy that knows how to maintain across the whole range (I have one close by) and both buying and cost of ownership aren't so hard to stomach. On average, my annual cost of ownership (including vehicle tax, insurance, and maintenance), is around £500 (tenner a week, I can do that!).

As for a VROD, oh my no! I have a Honda Blackbird, it's my only rice-burner, and suitably badged!

(Although in the interests of extending HD ownership, this is on the UK eBay site;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134578310...g#readMoreDesc)

Must be similar stateside?
    Last edited by WTF11; 02-06-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)