+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gabri Viega

Gabri Viega

its all over social media that we are on the verge of signing him after triggering his 40m euro's release clause.

I dont know anything about him at all, never seen him play or even heard of him.

Little interweb check says hes an attacking midfielder who runs for fun, has loads of skill and was Real Madrid's backup if they didnt get Bellingham

sounds promising

Someone I know who does stats and player info sent me this about him:

- Right Sided
    - Excellent close control in tight spaces
    - Positive passer and ball-carrier
    - Energetic in his pressing
    - Intelligent third-man runs
    - Sound decision maker
    - Clean ball striker
    - Physically competent

SOunds like he'd be a great addition to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Someone I know who does stats and player info sent me this about him:

- Right Sided
    - Excellent close control in tight spaces
    - Positive passer and ball-carrier
    - Energetic in his pressing
    - Intelligent third-man runs
    - Sound decision maker
    - Clean ball striker
    - Physically competent

SOunds like he'd be a great addition to be honest.
    Sounds like Bruno apart from the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Sounds like Bruno apart from the first one.
    Had occurred to me as well.

Having another player with his skill set would certainly be massively beneficial.

It's the passing in tight spaces I liked. We did a lot of that early on in the season to help us get out of a press so someone comfortable with that would be excellent.

Who does he play for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's the passing in tight spaces I liked. We did a lot of that early on in the season to help us get out of a press so someone comfortable with that would be excellent.

Who does he play for?
    Celta Vigo.

17th and likely to be relegated - he's been the one bright spark they've had.

He's basically refused to renew contract, which runs out next season but has the 40 million Euro buy our clause (£30 million).

this kids class and precisely the type of talent we need to bring in to the squad.

Massive skill and development ceiling. The kids got a bit of that nasty streak winners have. I like him a lot. 22 ideal age to join Bruno, Botman, Isak etc as we evolve the squad. he's ideal to play as an 8 rotate with Bruno or play alongside him.

It's great. Would be brilliant to get this done by the end of the week. The more deals we can get done before the window opens officially the better.

We need to get all of our core business done so that day 1 of pre-season Eddie & the Mad Dog have all the new boys on deck and integrating with the squad. Ideally we have the new lads bedded in, moved into their houses, families settled before the even kick a ball.

As of today the value of NUFC is £680million - in 18 months the PiF have double the value of their asset. Just shows what top tier business people can do. Bare in mind this is literally the first step on a long road to the top of the sport.

Wonderful to follow a team that is actually organised and professional is all aspects.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)