+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A message to the fans from James.

Football at this moment in time isnt doing me any favours .

Easier said than done I know but the way I feel about the whole game I could walk away for good , I really could .

It hasn't helped reading Simon Jordans book " Be Careful What You Wish For " on my honeymoon recently and then we had Monday's events .

Which made me realise the game is actually worse than even I thought it was .

When I saw the thread title I thought it was Nudge's "genius" finally speaking.

Norwood is the kind of bustling, dark arts kind of player every club in the Third or Fourth Division needs. He is at his most effective when opponents legs begin to tire.

As Animal says he is experienced enough to raise his profile when the retained list is about to be published with the club having the option of another year on his contract.

Norwood is a keep for me. I hope we do not retain Tedic or Watters, who comprised half our strike force this season. Devante, Designer of Player Tunnel Wear and Six Yard Tapper In, Cole, has found his level in the Third Division has a contract until Summer 2024. All about opinions.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-06-2023 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    When I saw the thread title I thought it was Nudge's "genius" finally speaking.

Norwood is the kind of bustling, dark arts kind of player every club in the Third or Fourth Division needs. He is at his most effective when opponents legs begin to tire.

As Animal says he is experienced enough to raise his profile when the retained list is about to be published with the club having the option of another year on his contract.

Norwood is a keep for me. I hope we do not retain Tedic or Watters, who comprised half our strike force this season. Devante, Designer of Player Tunnel Wear and Six Yard Tapper In, Cole, has found his level in the Third Division has a contract until Summer 2024. All about opinions.
    With Tedic & Watters being loan players they will have returned to their parent clubs , Tedic has never done it for me although I wish him well in his career I do not think we will be going back for him , regarding Watters I have said on this forum before that I am not keen on the lad but recently I have seen things in his game which I like , Duff brought him here & must see potential in him , if he goes back for him I will trust his call. Norwood has been great & I hope he is with us next season , I personally do not think he has been playing for a contract as he always gives his all & plays the same way every game plus if we did release him I would think there would be no shortage of offers from clubs at our level & unemployment is the least of his worries .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    With Tedic & Watters being loan players they will have returned to their parent clubs , Tedic has never done it for me although I wish him well in his career I do not think we will be going back for him , regarding Watters I have said on this forum before that I am not keen on the lad but recently I have seen things in his game which I like , Duff brought him here & must see potential in him , if he goes back for him I will trust his call. Norwood has been great & I hope he is with us next season , I personally do not think he has been playing for a contract as he always gives his all & plays the same way every game plus if we did release him I would think there would be no shortage of offers from clubs at our level & unemployment is the least of his worries .
    I haven't said he was playing for a contract Shads. I have commented that he is wise and experienced enough to give his name a high profile in the media as the squad for next season is being drawn up.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I haven't said he was playing for a contract Shads. I have commented that he is wise and experienced enough to give his name a high profile in the media as the squad for next season is being drawn up.
    Apologies SB , I was actually replying to Animals comment about playing for a contract , I just coupled up all of my comments into one reply & I should have put it out as a general comment & not a reply to yourself . I think we are all mainly in agreement that keeping Norwood would be good for the squad & hopefully this is what happens .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Football at this moment in time isnt doing me any favours .

Easier said than done I know but the way I feel about the whole game I could walk away for good , I really could .

It hasn't helped reading Simon Jordans book " Be Careful What You Wish For " on my honeymoon recently and then we had Monday's events .

Which made me realise the game is actually worse than even I thought it was .
    I started reading it and am half way through…..It’s exactly as you say, an eye opener. Worth a read but it does leave you feeling exactly as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I started reading it and am half way through…..It’s exactly as you say, an eye opener. Worth a read but it does leave you feeling exactly as you say.
    I have felt this way for sometime as I have repeatedly said. My initial beef was with our ownership and I haven’t been to a match since they arrived. I didn’t jump on the glory hunters train to Wembley either.

However contrary to my feelings, I actually felt sadness for the owners and more so for the fans after the appalling events on Monday. Not a bloody word from the efl regarding the atrocious officials on and off the pitch.

It just isn’t good enough! Why are these decisions ons never in favour of the underdog?

I think I’m done with attending football matches, the NFL will do for me this winter.

That is unless the announcement pending is of such magnitude that it alters my mindset.

Not holding my breath and I’m not sure I will notice it, just like the recent transfer of oulare. Our owners like secrets don’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I always suspected Clinton Morrison was a prize dyck now I know he's exactly that .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I have felt this way for sometime as I have repeatedly said. My initial beef was with our ownership and I haven’t been to a match since they arrived. I didn’t jump on the glory hunters train to Wembley either.

However contrary to my feelings, I actually felt sadness for the owners and more so for the fans after the appalling events on Monday. Not a bloody word from the efl regarding the atrocious officials on and off the pitch.

It just isn’t good enough! Why are these decisions ons never in favour of the underdog?

I think I’m done with attending football matches, the NFL will do for me this winter.

That is unless the announcement pending is of such magnitude that it alters my mindset.

Not holding my breath and I’m not sure I will notice it, just like the recent transfer of oulare. Our owners like secrets don’t they?
    I think I've an emotional attachment to the club at best these days Ethel .

However I actually hate the game today and what it's become .

It didn't bother me tuppence not going to Wembley on Monday , this of course was a Play Off Final against our arch rivals which I think tells you where I'm at .

I was once somebody who never missed home or away but I'm different now .

This isn't the game I loved anymore , it's not played for the glory it's played entirely for the money , they aren't even subtle about it either .

Golf and Tennis are played for the money but the difference is they've still retained the character of both sports , absolutely every golfer or tennis player would gladly win the US Masters or Wimbledon and not receive a round coin in prize money .

That's the difference highlighted by our own FA Cup , the greatest cup competition in the world bar none , diluted to next to nothing because the prize money isn't that great .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post

Sums it up nicely that Ethel. I only watch Barnsley matches these days. I won't even be watching the cup final which is free to air.
    Money these days, football's secondary. Happening in most sports. Just imagine what it feels like EFL to have followed your team home and away all season and then lose out in a play off final to 2 refereeing decisions that everyone agrees were wrong ( even with VAR - Tony Harrington, my favourite referee on VAR). Barnsley fans have spent all that money over the season to be treated like that.
    I used to watch formula 1. After the debacle in the last race of 2021, where the rules were essentially modified at the end of the race to produce a Hollywood style finish, I will never watch formula 1 again. The FIA, EFL and all other sports organisations need to take a good look and themselves and go back to basics to rediscover the reasons for their existence. It wasn't to make money and it wasn't to make up their own endings to season ending races or football matches. The sooner we get rid of the play offs the better, at least then you can argue that any mistakes made by officials are averaged in effect over the season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast