+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A message to the fans from James.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think I've an emotional attachment to the club at best these days Ethel .

However I actually hate the game today and what it's become .

It didn't bother me tuppence not going to Wembley on Monday , this of course was a Play Off Final against our arch rivals which I think tells you where I'm at .

I was once somebody who never missed home or away but I'm different now .

This isn't the game I loved anymore , it's not played for the glory it's played entirely for the money , they aren't even subtle about it either .

Golf and Tennis are played for the money but the difference is they've still retained the character of both sports , absolutely every golfer or tennis player would gladly win the US Masters or Wimbledon and not receive a round coin in prize money .

That's the difference highlighted by our own FA Cup , the greatest cup competition in the world bar none , diluted to next to nothing because the prize money isn't that great .
    This post wasn't showing when I wrote mine below. I think we're pretty much on the same page Animal.

As much as I agree with Eths, Arbs and Animal, we're all dinosaurs unfortunately. When mine and your generation dies out, the game will have no identity. Just a brigade of folk waving their camera phones around at matches.

The youth of today want this shyte show. Attendances are rising and the popularity of the game is probably at levels not seen since the post war football boom in the 50s.

This shyte show ain't changing either. Cricket is heading the same way as well imo. There's not many sports where money doesn't dictate. The Ashes series is imminent and that will never lose it's appeal in regard of a participants basis although the price of a ticket to watch a day's play is off the scale. Out of my league I'm afraid.

I like watching the Isle of man tt motorcycling because although I'm not a big motorsport fan, these guys are amazing and doing it for the love of it. I suspect that they aren't paid very well but they have ballax bigger than elephants and unbelievable ability.

My liking of horse racing is growing too over the years. Those jockeys are again brave as they come.

Football will always be in my heart but it doesn't mean as much as it used to. Mondays game was as big as they come but at no point did I feel the same passion that I used to do. Everything to do with football feels kind of half hearted these days.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I always suspected Clinton Morrison was a prize dyck now I know he's exactly that .
    Can’t abide him….

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Can’t abide him….
    Me neither. Complete knob.

Clinton Morrison loves Clinton Morrison.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123