+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A message to the fans from James.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A message to the fans from James.

James Norwood @norwood 10

It should hurt a lot more than it does but the way it happened Monday makes it difficult to feel that pain. From where we were as a squad to where we finished Is a world apart. The final showed the togetherness of this squad. We couldn't have given a better account of ourselves as a team and as individuals. To push for so long with 10 men is credit to everyone associated with Barnsley Football club.

As the old man of the group I couldn't be prouder of the boys. Old heads on young shoulders, to be able to deal with the pressure and perform how they did was a credit to themselves. We'll be back next year, more experienced and hungrier.

To the fans, Thankyou for coming along with us.
    Your support was invaluable and long may it continue. Anyways, pre season starts in about 4 hours so l'm off for a run !
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 31-05-2023 at 06:08 PM.

Well said old man !

Classy.

Well said lad, touch of class theer
    Hope he gets another year
    He has more b@llax than other 3 strikers put together, that showed on Monday

This game unfortunately is making me severely cynical now .

Whilst I respect the opinions given on this thread I can't help thinking either that James is contract hunting .

For the record I'd give him another year anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Whilst I respect the opinions given on this thread I can't help thinking either that James is contract hunting .

If he his contract hunting then good luck to the guy, he gets my vote.
    I could well be wrong but it’s me thinking he’s already got one !
    Good back up at least in my opinion.
    Jason Scotland remember him anyone ?
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 31-05-2023 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Jason

Norwood had a slow start but got better as the season went on. He gained a lot of respect with his tireless workrate and tenacity. He has contributed hugely this season and gave it his all in a reds shirt. He should be offered another deal, he looks fit enough and has found some form. Just wonder if Duff has him in his plans?

I'm not one to question Duffs decisions normally, but why didn't Norwood start any of the play off games? Tedic did ok in the semis but he didn't contribute much in the final. When Norwood came on at Wembley he had a lot more to offer and bullied those wednesday defenders and inspired the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Norwood had a slow start but got better as the season went on. He gained a lot of respect with his tireless workrate and tenacity. He has contributed hugely this season and gave it his all in a reds shirt. He should be offered another deal, he looks fit enough and has found some form. Just wonder if Duff has him in his plans?

I'm not one to question Duffs decisions normally, but why didn't Norwood start any of the play off games? Tedic did ok in the semis but he didn't contribute much in the final. When Norwood came on at Wembley he had a lot more to offer and bullied those wednesday defenders and inspired the rest of the team.
    I thought it odd at first. The only way that I could fathom it was that Duff wanted experience on the pitch at the end of the game ( bearing in mind that Norwood doesn't appear to be able to do the full 90 at the pace we play.

I will admit that thought crossed my mind but I went for the benefit of the doubt. I think he deserves another year, and I think we could also benefit from his experience being passed onto younger strikers, whoever they may be. I suspect Watters will be the only one of the other 3 that is with us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Well said lad, touch of class theer. Hope he gets another year.
    He has more b@llax than other 3 strikers put together, that showed on Monday.
    I've been thinking the same as well, and that includes Cole of course. 🙁

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast