+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Bottle Scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I think they've been warned about it's feasibility by just about everyone from politicians to experts in the trade but for some reason they refuse to listen. I don't think even Useless is fully behind it but desperately needs the Greens.
    I think that drinks companies have to put special labels on the cans and bottles sold in Scotland to stop cross border abuse of the system.
    The Greens are hell bent on introducing this scheme instead of waiting until 2025 for a U.K. wide scheme to be introduced because a company has already been set up and spent over £2 million doing some preparatory work for this scheme before the dozy MSPs voted in favour of it.
    There was an article about this company in the Sunday Times business section earlier this year.
    Their is no chance of Lorna Slater telling us about this company and how much will have to be written off if the Return Bottle Scheme I Scotland gets binned.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think that drinks companies have to put special labels on the cans and bottles sold in Scotland to stop cross border abuse of the system.
    The Greens are hell bent on introducing this scheme instead of waiting until 2025 for a U.K. wide scheme to be introduced because a company has already been set up and spent over £2 million doing some preparatory work for this scheme before the dozy MSPs voted in favour of it.
    There was an article about this company in the Sunday Times business section earlier this year.
    Their is no chance of Lorna Slater telling us about this company and how much will have to be written off if the Return Bottle Scheme I Scotland gets binned.
    From Zero waste Scotland site.

"The Regulations do not require you to change your labelling. There is no specific requirement for you to add new labelling or bar codes to drink containers (scheme articles) sold in Scotland. You may decide that changing your labelling will help minimise fraud and improve the return of containers. This is something you can do if you choose to"

Even if they did force suppliers to change the barcodes for products to be sold in Scotland do they think the local corner shop has time to scan every returned item and hand oot 20p's?

From Zero waste Scotland site.

"The Regulations do not require you to change your labelling. There is no specific requirement for you to add new labelling or bar codes to drink containers (scheme articles) sold in Scotland. You may decide that changing your labelling will help minimise fraud and improve the return of containers. This is something you can do if you choose to"

Even if they did force suppliers to change the barcodes for products to be sold in Scotland do they think the local corner shop has time to scan every returned item and hand oot 20p's?
    You don't take them back to the shop. They go back to a kind of reverse vending machine, you put them in that and it gives you credit for them somehow or other. I heard that plastic bottles would have to still have labels on and cans can't be crushed or dented to get the money back. It's just another form of tax because nobody's going to be ****ed annoyed with this tin pot glorified recycling scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You don't take them back to the shop. They go back to a kind of reverse vending machine, you put them in that and it gives you credit for them somehow or other. I heard that plastic bottles would have to still have labels on and cans can't be crushed or dented to get the money back. It's just another form of tax because nobody's going to be ****ed annoyed with this tin pot glorified recycling scheme.
    You take them back to where you bought them, I'm not saying that won't be a vending machine inside the shop but you return them to where you bought them.

"All retailers that sell drinks in scheme containers to take away will be required to operate a return point"

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    More madness in Scotland I'm afraid.

Lorna slater makes the Asian supremacist look talented.
    Wummin's clueless !!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    If there is a right way or a wrong way to do things in the Scottish Government, you can be sure that the Scottish Government MSPs and civil servants will do it the wrong way.

Abandoned today, I wonder how much this scheme hosed tax payers money doon the drain? Slater should be sacked for this fiasco.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-65836297

Abandoned today, I wonder how much this scheme hosed tax payers money doon the drain? Slater should be sacked for this fiasco.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-65836297
    Aye, but it's not their fault. Apparently a big boy (UK govt.) did it and ran away! How on earth can anyone with a modicum of common sense vote for the SNP and the crazy green nutters that keep them in power? It beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think that the use of private companies to deliver government policies is the root cause of failed initiatives. Instead of getting clever civil servant to draw up the scheme based on meaningful and informed comment from the bits of society that will be impacted by any new legislation they privatise the whole process. SUSTRANS is another example of this type of thinking. You have no hope of stopping any wrong headed idea because the government just keeps throwing money at the company tasked with delivering a defined goal. Hopefully the company will be cancelled. Keeping it going until the UK scheme is agreed will be a complete waste of money imo.

Slater is an utter buffoon. Absolute half-wit. She has the strategic thinking capability of a dandelion.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)