+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Isted released !

Isted released !

Lets hope we already got his signature !

I'd like to think so Jules

Doug O’Kane Chronicle:

Harry Isted released by Luton. He told me last week he wants to come to Barnsley.
    Negotiations still to be done, and Brad Collins’ future also unclear.

It means the end of Collins of course, but I think most fans would like us to sign Isted.

I know I am in the minority but I have never rated Collins & would not be upset at all if we moved him on & signed Isted as is permanent replacement .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I know I am in the minority but I have never rated Collins & would not be upset at all if we moved him on & signed Isted as is permanent replacement .
    Collins was a key figure in the Ismael "style" of football. He acted as the sweeper as the defensive line went up to near the half way line to compress the game in the opponents half after the ball had been hoofed forwards.
    He was also the main implementer of the time wasting tactics and sh1thousery prevalent during Ismael's time.

We cannot afford two good keepers and one of the two will not want a season on the bench in the Third Division. A decision to be made. I would bring back Isted, now a free agent following his release by Norwich, and sell Collins. Ahmad cannot arse abart too long though or another club will snap him up.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Collins was a key figure in the Ismael "style" of football. He acted as the sweeper as the defensive line went up to near the half way line to compress the game in the opponents half after the ball had been hoofed forwards.
    He was also the main implementer of the time wasting tactics and sh1thousery prevalent during Ismael's time.

We cannot afford two good keepers and one of the two will not want a season on the bench in the Third Division. A decision to be made. I would bring back Isted, now a free agent following his release by Norwich, and sell Collins. Ahmad cannot arse abart too long though or another club will snap him up.
    Edit--For Norwich read Luton. Don't know where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Id take either Shad, but if Collins does go, then I think we'll be ok with Isted as his replacement.
    If Collins stays though, then again I think we'll be ok with him, in our push for promotion!. 😏