+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Sam

Big Sam

I've just watched a podcast on Youtube featuring Allardyce, Souness and Simon Jordan. They got onto 'bad owners' interesting that Sam claimed Derek Pavis was somebody who 'undermined' him. According to Allardyce, Pavis would go to the dressing room after games, whilst he was talking to the players i presume. I have heard him say before that the title he won with us 'gave him the most joy' so i was shocked to hear him say that...

Allardyce never got on with Pavis you only need to read his book.

The story of Allardyce's departure is only ever recounted with one particular spin. I don't find him finally speaking out about this surprising.

The part that's never mentioned is that maybe life was made very difficult for him, and his family.

It's interesting that when the club was in desperate trouble, Allardyce gave his time to help raise funds, and didn't want anything in return.

He wanted to go to Bolton, they were in the mire financially and couldn't afford the compensation so he did what he needed to do. If I was a manager at Boston and got them promoted, then Notts came calling but couldn't afford the compensation - I'd absolutely do what he did.

The Quickly Kevin podcast with him delves into their relationship but obviously it's only one side of the coin.

97/98 was my first season and for 13 seasons it was pretty much the only positive with a scattering of surprise cup victories so I remember him fondly.

Manager Sam Allardyce has left Leeds United after his four-game tenure ended in relegation from the Premier League.

The 68-year-old lost three and drew one of his matches in charge, having succeeded Javi Gracia on 3 May.

Leeds will return to the Championship after a three-season stay in the top flight.

"It has been an honour to manage Leeds United, a great club with an incredible fan base, who deserve to be in the Premier League," said Allardyce.

"At this stage in my career I am not sure taking on this challenge, which is potentially a long-term project, is something I could commit to, but I wish the club every success for the future and hope the club returns to the Premier League, where they belong."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65745840

Allardyce s­hit on us and let's not forget that,he shafted us and headed to Bolton for more money,he was hardly squeeky clean afterwards either

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Allardyce s*hit on us and let's not forget that,he shafted us and headed to Bolton for more money,he was hardly squeeky clean afterwards either
    He's an unprincipled judas and the football authorities were toothless chickens. Big Sam shafted us, unashamedly, wallking out and then appearing as his beloved Bolton's manager.

It is a disgrace that he was appointed Engand's manager, the shortest tenure of all time as he got found out:

It follows a newspaper investigation claiming he offered advice on how to "get around" rules on player transfers.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37483344

Thankfully we seem finally to have honest and principled owners, manager and by the looks of it squad. COYP.

Oh - did you read about their supporter who went to buy a massive TV to watch next season's Premiership. He opened the box and there were no LEEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    and headed to Bolton for more money
    How many managers leave a club for less money? Obviously at Notts we only expect to see managers leave after they've been given the sack, we're not used to seeing other clubs taking them from us, but that's generally how football works.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    How many managers leave a club for less money? Obviously at Notts we only expect to see managers leave after they've been given the sack, we're not used to seeing other clubs taking them from us, but that's generally how football works.
    So shoving a note under the gaffers door when nobody is around saying that he's leaving for family reasons only to turn up and Bolton two weeks later is usual football business is it?

Like I said he s­hit on us

Can't we let this rest? Well over 20 years ago.

Can't remember any complaints when Martin Allen broke his contract at Barnet to join us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast