+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 📝Will Randall signs

Very good interview, we've signed another smart player

It's interesting that the signing of new players is now starting to overlap the situation of the current players weighing up their options.
    While they're waiting to see what offers might be out there and taking time to decide, one consequence could be the club goes ahead and recruits other players in their positions. After today it seems like Nemane now knows we have 2 other RWBs already.

Would we have signed Randall if Nemane had signed up straight away?
    Does this mean the club have info that Nemane is moving on?
    More questions than answers, but as I say, it's interesting.

I quite like the idea that as our players keep the club and fans hanging on, they might find other players recruited for their positions. Or maybe the club would prefer to hold off to not push the likes of AN, KC and RR away? In that case, it might still be necessary to say please decide cos we have this other option that we would have to act fast on

sounds more direct than Nemane, more like JJ.

Sounds like the deal has been in the works for a while, and with everyone knowing everyone and the fact that he's talking about Notts long term makes me think everyone's homework has been done, and you know Radar will have had a say = high chance this will be a good signing... but then I thought that about the Lemon fella.

When you've just smashed it, performed brilliantly and won promotion I think the out of contract players, once offered a contract by Notts, are very much in the box seat. It's beneficial to them not rush in and sign with anyone. Test the water, await any phone calls/emails etc and then make a decision.

Odd thing to make me smile but this is the first incoming transfer for Notts that is reported on the BBC tranfer news page in years. NL ones were not worthy

... have to smile ... all the smart alec prophets who know who we're tracking, who we should sign, who we shouldn't sign ... never spotted this one

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Odd thing to make me smile but this is the first incoming transfer for Notts that is reported on the BBC tranfer news page in years. NL ones were not worthy
    Me too - now just waiting for us to move back to the BBC’s League 2 page.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

It's interesting that the signing of new players is now starting to overlap the situation of the current players weighing up their options.
    While they're waiting to see what offers might be out there and taking time to decide, one consequence could be the club goes ahead and recruits other players in their positions. After today it seems like Nemane now knows we have 2 other RWBs already.

I quite like the idea that as our players keep the club and fans hanging on, they might find other players recruited for their positions. Or maybe the club would prefer to hold off to not push the likes of AN, KC and RR away? In that case, it might still be necessary to say please decide cos we have this other option that we would have to act fast on
    Sounds like he’d be more of a LWB by the sounds of it?

Does make you wonder if LW has another formation in mind for next season, I think we could set up in a 4-3-3 rather formidably.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

He's right footed but he says he usually plays on the left. So potentially more competition for Chicksen than Nemane.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Sounds like he’d be more of a LWB by the sounds of it?
    Does make you wonder if LW has another formation in mind for next season, I think we could set up in a 4-3-3 rather formidably.
    I was going on the 'I'm right footed...' comment, dunno, obviously capable of either like JJ

On formation, I've given up on those ideas. That analysis video that shows the angles made by the back three, and the pentagon made with the two midfielders is too important to the way we play - so I think any talk of us reverting to a back four is a waste of time.

I haven’t seen that video….where was it posted? I dunno, Barcelona made a 4-3-3 look pretty fluid! The reason I can see a change in formation is because a natural wide player doesn’t really fit into our system - as in an out and out winger.….unless he is seen as a LWB (we’ve already two very good RWB’s at the club). A 4-3-3 could see him play a bit of a Cal Roberts role.

The LWB comment was only because he said he tends to play on the left although he is right footed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast