+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Nan’s house.

My Nan’s house.

Finally today, I completed the deal to buy back my dear old man’s house.

She lived there in Harrogate from 1929 when she married my grandad until she passed in late 1990.

I must admit, I was surprised just how emotional I became once I was there in the empty house on my own.

Anyway, a decent sized project to get my teeth into and I hope to do the house and my old nan Nellie proud once completed.

I’ll be doing holiday lets there once completed so if any of you need a place in Harrogate from early 2024 you’ll be more than welcome to a special rate.

Sounds great buddy, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Sounds great buddy, good luck
    Cheers BS.

Pleased for you Mick after what you have been through with your bad Tennant's . You deserve it.
    My mate has this week got on of his rentals back , a 4 bed detached, after a 2 year fight and the have wrecked it ,every room.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Pleased for you Mick after what you have been through with your bad Tennant's . You deserve it.
    My mate has this week got on of his rentals back , a 4 bed detached, after a 2 year fight and the have wrecked it ,every room.
    B a s t a r d s Lloyd. and the law protects these scum as well.

Thank you, I hope I do the house and nan justice.

Hi Mick, how does the tax implications work if you sell a rental?
    He told me the tax would be to high if he sold it, he has had the house since 96 .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi Mick, how does the tax implications work if you sell a rental?
    He told me the tax would be too high if he sold it, he has had the house since 96 .
    Capital Gains Tax has to be paid Lloyd.

You pay 28% if you’re a higher rate tax payer or 20% if you’re a standard rate tax payer.

Noe’s the time to sell though as they’re planning to increase this tax and if Labour get in it’s likely to go up a lot more.

Your friend is still going to make a large profit so he might as well sell and buy himself a nice holiday home by the coast and then rent it out as an Airbnb like we now do.

The rental take is 3 to 5 times more than for residential letting, you can pay Business Rates instead of Council Tax if you rent it for enough nights and thus you pay zero!

Residential renting is now a low profit, high taxation, poor benefit mugs game.

He needs to cash in now mate.

Air bnb definitely the way to go, you can look at a person a rental history and avoid the pitfalls of long term renters rights.

Well done 👍 I understand the emotional side too.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Well done 👍 I understand the emotional side too.
    Thanks mate, went down to the house again today and enjoyed the birdsong and peacefulness.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)