+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup Final

The FA Cup Final

Here's a poll

a) Will you be watching the FA Cup final or

b) bake a cake

Very possibly neither but would have to say would rather attend a kids party with 100 shouting kids than do either of these!

Im not sure the last time I watched an FA final on TV, an event I rarely missed for over 30 years. Cant be bothered anymore. Im surprised its still kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday

Normally I can't be bothered with it either these days but am intrigued by this one.

The death of the old Wembley killed it for me.

It’s an absolute disgrace that the old stadium was destroyed, if it was poor structurally then it should’ve been rebuilt as an exact replica.

Only the English FA would obliterate such an iconic stadium, can you imagine the Brazilians destroying the Maracana?

The new Wembley is an abomination, a hideous monstrosity…….the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff puts it to shame.

No interest whatsoever, rather watch paint dry, hate the Premiership and all it stands for.

Didn't they just hate it in 2008 when yourselves , my team Barnsley , Cardiff City and Pompey were the last four .

I remember listening to Talksport on the Friday morning prior to semi final weekend .

This guy rings up and says the FA cup is a non event this year with none of the major clubs involved , which was funny seen as we'd knocked out Liverpool and Chelsea and Pompey put out Man Utd .

The presenter says to the caller , you do realise this year's last four have all won the FA cup before don't you and WBA have won it several times ? .

He didn't know that .

I knew then the FA cup was over because 2008 was always what the FA cup was all about , the romance , the underdog in the once greatest cup competition in the world .

Nope - no interest at all. Football season drags on for too long now - first we had the play-offs, tomorrow it’s the FA Cup, week after it’s the Champions League and then the Internationals. …. So the season finishes around 20th June. I know it was a World Cup season .. but even so. The pre-season friendlies usually start up in July. Also we gave the Women’s World Cup in July.

a) No

b) No

As a kid I always looked forward to the FA Cup final and, as we only had a b&w telly for many years, me and Dad and my brothers were always invited round to our next door neighbours to watch it in colour which made even more of a kind of special event.

These days I have little interest in it, mostly because the amount of money now swilling around and the vast gulf between the top premiership clubs and others has virtually seen an end to it as the competition it was first envisaged as. Sure, you still have the possibility of watching a "giant killer" moment in the earlier rounds but the current situation means that most clubs are more concerned with their league position and don't want to risk players or points on it whilst top clubs can happily field a B team in the earlier stages ( that is still worth far more than lesser clubs first team ) and then bring out the big guns later on. I know there has always been a divide in the wealth of clubs but never had it been this wide before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)