+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Still Not Witnessed Any Final

Still Not Witnessed Any Final

Not being biased, but has anyone seen a better play off final or the F.A Cup final today that was as good as Notts v Chesterfield, I certainly haven't

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Not being biased, but has anyone seen a better play off final or the F.A Cup final today that was as good as Notts v Chesterfield, I certainly haven't
    I think you're right. Summed up by the Guardian at the end as

'Notts County win 4-3 on penalties
    What an absolutely ridiculous game of association football. Joy for County, despair for Chesterfield. Williams raises his hands in a moment of sheer elation on the sidelines. County fans are crying in the stands. Chesterfield fans are crying in the stands. How are any of us going to come down from the high of this game? Stupid, stupid, stupid, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant game.'

I've searched and believe found all the playoff related clips put out by the clubs excellent media team and watched every vlog from a neutral at the stadium that day but I've never re-watched the whole game.

However earlier this week I was working from home earlier this week and decided to finally watch the game (well a good proportion of it, work sometimes gets in the way ) and it's certainly some game. Agree with people's comments about how it looked on TV (especially extra time) versus how it looked and felt on the day in the stadium were quite different.

I enjoyed watching and knowing the result but on the day being behind for so long felt very different. Tbh I feel sorry for any Notts fan who couldn't make it or chose not to, because immediate 45 minutes in the stadium in Block 113 afterwards were absolutely awesome one of the best feelings , if not the best , I've ever had supporting Notts.