+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Stones Today

John Stones Today

Rolls Royce , pure class .

World class all round footballer and may well now give Southgate something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Rolls Royce , pure class .
    Absolutely spot on , he was magnificent & I know I am biased but the lad gets better & better & if he stays fit he could well end up with 100 caps to go with the numerous medals from league & cup competitions he is amassing .

We always knew he had ability on the ball but coupled with his experience it has enabled him to become versatile. The lad is a classy footballer.

He must be good to make Shearer do a U turn, he always was anti Stones but now he’s raving about him.

Has to be the best player this club's ever produced in my opinion .

Close one with Tommy Taylor who would have broken every goalscoring record there was had he not perished so tragically at Munich .

Class act.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Has to be the best player this club's ever produced in my opinion .

Close one with Tommy Taylor who would have broken every goalscoring record there was had he not perished so tragically at Munich .
    I'd say that's a fair shout.

At least we got paid reight for Tommy Taylor.

Meanwhile, fast forward 50 years and the Rochdale cowboys clearly didn't know what they had got on their hands. David Moyes says to this day that Stones was his best signing by a country mile and an absolute snip at 2m.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'd say that's a fair shout.

At least we got paid reight for Tommy Taylor.

Meanwhile, fast forward 50 years and the Rochdale cowboys clearly didn't know what they had got on their hands. David Moyes says to this day that Stones was his best signing by a country mile and an absolute snip at 2m.
    I think you will find the academy coaches did, John speaks very highly of um Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I think you will find the academy coaches did, John speaks very highly of um Pass.

221 PL appearances plus 66 England caps so far and still only 29.

Its a pity the academy coaches didn't have more of a say Poggs. Might be 50 years or more until the next John Stones comes through

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast