+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unarguable benefit of relegation

Unarguable benefit of relegation

Ok, relegation is sh1t, the prospect of us being able to develop anything like a competitive squad and a club structure that makes a return to the PL likely any time soon are slim, but........

We won't have VAR to contend with in the Championship!!!

Seen the penalty decision at todays FA Cup Final, and no matter how much I dislike Scum, there is no way in gods earth that that was a penalty, not even close.

Can't wait to see all the decisions going out way now VAR isn't there.......

While I don't want to piss on your fire WTF11 I have family/mates who are Rotherham United fans and throughout the season they have said the standard of officials in the championship from the games they have seen has been not very good and how they wish they had VAR in the championship

Hmmm, I 'd say "be careful what you wish for"! Before VAR came to the PL, I seem to remember a lot of comment from the great and the good as to how it would improve officiating, removing clear mistakes and allowing match officials to "get on with officiating".

didn't quite turn out that way and given human nature, it's not that surprising. VAR "staff" want to make it seem as though they have a job to do, and matchday officials can be forgiven for abdicating responsibility and giving VAR the job of communicating bad news.

Personally, I'd have goal line tech to determine if a ball has fully crossed the line, and that would be it. If match officiating is poor, and the clubs have the responsibility to report on such things, then the FA/EFL step in and improve (by training where necessary and sanctions against poorly performing officials.

Anyway, we will see what we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Hmmm, I 'd say "be careful what you wish for"! Before VAR came to the PL, I seem to remember a lot of comment from the great and the good as to how it would improve officiating, removing clear mistakes and allowing match officials to "get on with officiating".

didn't quite turn out that way and given human nature, it's not that surprising. VAR "staff" want to make it seem as though they have a job to do, and matchday officials can be forgiven for abdicating responsibility and giving VAR the job of communicating bad news.

Personally, I'd have goal line tech to determine if a ball has fully crossed the line, and that would be it. If match officiating is poor, and the clubs have the responsibility to report on such things, then the FA/EFL step in and improve (by training where necessary and sanctions against poorly performing officials.

Anyway, we will see what we will see.
    They use goal line technology, the referee has a watch that lets him know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    While I don't want to piss on your fire WTF11 I have family/mates who are Rotherham United fans and throughout the season they have said the standard of officials in the championship from the games they have seen has been not very good and how they wish they had VAR in the championship
    I think I was watching Luton Sutherland or Luton Borough and the official was a total muppet really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

I think most people were seduced into the potential of VAR by how well Rugby has got to grips with it. If football gets anyway near that standard, I believe the majority of fans will be very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think most people were seduced into the potential of VAR by how well Rugby has got to grips with it. If football gets anyway near that standard, I believe the majority of fans will be very happy with it.
    Rugby league uses it really well. All within the control of the ref and used sparingly.

Quite like the way they put players on report for fouls play - game carries on and reviewed post game. That could be quite a good way of dealing with those who dive.

Always amazed at how much better Rugby officials are at controlling a match than the clowns that officiate in the FA.

I think it’s probably harder to control than a football match

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Always amazed at how much better Rugby officials are at controlling a match than the clowns that officiate in the FA.

I think it’s probably harder to control than a football match
    People should realize the amount of money in Football world wide eg Betting. Rugby a very poor cousin, so decisions are heaps more looked upon and have more consequential value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)