+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relegation ?

Relegation ?

The bookies have had time to weigh it all up for next season and delivered their verdict. Luton and Sheffield United are going down, both odds on, opinion is divided on who's going down with them, some think it's us, some think it's Bournemouth, and they all think Forest are in the mix as well. There is one exception and it's a notable one, Ladbrokes, no equivocation from them, they think Bournemouth are the third team down, 6/4 and we're staying up, 9/4.

I'm a bit surprised really, seems the books aren't convinced the Vinni/Pace revolution will fare well in the Best League in the World. I think they're wrong on this one.

"Little Old Burnley" eh mon ami?

Ten team mini-league and we will be in it - choose any three from ten.

The rumour mill is in full swing and there is a confidence at least five new players will be signed.

The key will be "Fortress Turf Moor", I'm going for 10 wins, 10 draws and 18 defeats.

40 points will keep us up for sure.

After last seasons sucess against the bookies here are my 3 bets for next season:

Top Half 8/1.... Top 6 66/1..... Top 4 150/1

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    After last seasons sucess against the bookies here are my 3 bets for next season:

The top half one seems reasonable at 25/1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The top half one seems reasonable at 25/1.
    The 'Top Half' one is at 8/1....

The 'Top Half' one is at 8/1....
    I'd prefer the 25/1 C_M.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd prefer the 25/1 C_M.
    It's just BT shouting the odds, ignore him CM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The bookies have had time to weigh it all up for next season and delivered their verdict. Luton and Sheffield United are going down, both odds on, opinion is divided on who's going down with them, some think it's us, some think it's Bournemouth, and they all think Forest are in the mix as well. There is one exception and it's a notable one, Ladbrokes, no equivocation from them, they think Bournemouth are the third team down, 6/4 and we're staying up, 9/4.
    Been a bit of a change in the betting, all the other bookies have come round to Ladbrokes way of thinking and have Bournemouth going down with Sheff U and Luton.

So that's OK then, we're safe.

What are the odds now CM after our multiple forays into the transfer market?

The quiet revolution going on at Turf Moor continues unabated, once this new lot settle in to the task at hand I expect no less than a top ten finish. I'm relying on sinkov to inform me who to place the bet with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)