+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham Red Dragons

Wrexham Red Dragons

They played a USA women's XI in an unusual format.

Can't tell if they put any current players out, I only recognise Morrell and the erstwhile tormentor of Nicky Fenton's ankle, Lee Trundle.

https://youtu.be/Ojb430E55zA

If we keep having promotion battles with them we might start getting US exposure too. How long before there's a lucrative Wrexham v Notts friendly in front of 100,000 discerning American football hipsters at the Seattle Soccerdome?

Or at least we could give Stall a run out in then 7 a side.

I watched about 3 minutes of that before I got bored Wrexham have now been knocked out of the tournament by some unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    They played a USA women's XI in an unusual format.

Can't tell if they put any current players out, I only recognise Morrell and the erstwhile tormentor of Nicky Fenton's ankle, Lee Trundle.

https://youtu.be/Ojb430E55zA

If we keep having promotion battles with them we might start getting US exposure too. How long before there's a lucrative Wrexham v Notts friendly in front of 100,000 discerning American football hipsters at the Seattle Soccerdome?

Or at least we could give Stall a run out in then 7 a side.
    I noticed Paul Mullin popped up during the run in to the FA Cup final, mehhh.

So what

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    So what
    We were talking generally bout Wrexham, so I thought I'd mention it?

I would have thought they are probably on holiday in their heads..Any games played would be an irritant or viewed as a kick about between mates.

Is this the tournament that their owners signed up to play in too?

Mullin was at the fa cup final to get his top scorer award.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Is this the tournament that their owners signed up to play in too?

Mullin was at the fa cup final to get his top scorer award.
    I think the owners were after the one million pound prize pot.! I think the players were after a free holiday in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I noticed Paul Mullin popped up during the run in to the FA Cup final, mehhh.
    I too thought that when he was on at half time. I don't begrudge Wrexham or Mullins at all (apart from when he's trying to get our keeper sent off) but the fascination with Wrexham since Reynolds took over is getting abit much now. I was glad they had a good time in Las Vegas though and await my next update.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I too thought that when he was on at half time. I don't begrudge Wrexham or Mullins at all (apart from when he's trying to get our keeper sent off) but the fascination with Wrexham since Reynolds took over is getting abit much now. I was glad they had a good time in Las Vegas though and await my next update.
    Mullin was top scorer in the FA Cup so fair play to him collecting his award at the final(I don't begrudge him now Notts are up) and the more tournaments publicity they get during pre-season the better ... whilst our players are resting getting ready for another tough season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast