+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Electricity use age and cost?

Electricity use age and cost?

I wondered how many units of electricity other people are using per day/week/month?

Also, do you know how much you’re paying per unit.

I’ve been keeping a closer check on our usage in recent days and we seem to use between 40 and 50 units per day.

Am I right in thinking that the maximum you can be charged per unit is around 34p?

We seem to spending around £15-£17 per day on electricity so this is around £105 to £120 per week plus the standing charge which is about 50p per day?

We’re with British Gas for our gas and electricity but I’m wondering whether to swop to OVO as we use them in Tenby and it’s about 27p per unit with them.

Any advice and thoughts appreciated?

Hi Mick ,here are 4 off my meter readings 20th December 64571, on the 31st 64675
    11th of April 65499, June 1st 65895.
    We are with E.ON. We have a 3 bed detached house , just me my wife and our dog.
    We pay £110 for elec and £110 British Gas per month, we could pay less but like to be in credit at the moment Elec £512 in credit and Gas £455

Our house was built in the 70s, gas central heating and treble glazed , but the composite door is crap that needs changing, looks ok but doesn't seal well with low threshold.

I'm with British Gas Mick as People's Energy went bust - we have to have oil for heating as no mains gas here, 4-bed detached and our house is 23 years old. Direct debit is £265 a month but should be a bit higher to cover usage, 30.295p/kWh and standing charge 49.595p per day - the tumble drier is the killer, 4 of us here.

That figure doesn't sound too bad Mick considering the energy required to heat your indoor swimming pool and the cost of gas and electricity to your servant's quarters!

I signed up a few years back to Money Savings Expert Energy Club. In September 2021 they advised me to leave Bulb and sign 2 year fixed with Octopus. Now paying about 20p kwh and 24p per day. Saved me £100s

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)