+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crime series

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Yes, Shetland is good too, and Vera. We could go on for a while I suspect…
    Vera is rubbish🤣🤣

Inconceivable that a 75-80 year old woman driving a 60 year old Land Rover could be Chief Inspector in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Vera is rubbish🤣🤣

Inconceivable that a 75-80 year old woman driving a 60 year old Land Rover could be Chief Inspector in the U.K.
    Maybe so, but plot, actors and scenery are good.

Maybe so, but plot, actors and scenery are good.
    I refuse to watch it these days.

SPOOKS on BBC was very good, about our MI6 operatives.

Has anyone seen the Fall?

Think I saw on Netflix but it is also on BBC iPlayer too I think.

I got completely hooked as did the wife.

It also has Gillian Anderson in it who still looks pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    Has anyone seen the Fall?

Think I saw on Netflix but it is also on BBC iPlayer too I think.

I got completely hooked as did the wife.

It also has Gillian Anderson in it who still looks pretty good!
    I couldn’t get into that at all.

The guy who starred in it was in a superb SKY or Netflix series set in Australia about a bloke who crashes his car in the outback and loses his memory.

The Tourist with James Dornan, that’s the one!

Anyone who finds that series will find a real gem.

The fat Aussie bird who plays the young copper is a stellar actor

That’s correct Thomas, it’s a superb series and a great portrayal of policing here in the 70’s.

Have you watched Minder, also set in the 70’s and early 80’s.

Again, it’s Dennis Waterman who is joint lead character and he’s alongside George Cole who played Arthur Daley, the much loved wheeler dealer in the series.

This is my favourite character in any programme I’ve ever watched, the humour and wit is fantastic albeit you might need to sharpen up your knowledge of Cockney rhyming slang to fully enjoy it.

Another very good Dennis Waterman series is the BBC detective programme filmed around 2005-2010 called New Tricks in which retired detectives go over unsolved murders, some very good actors in this and the humour is good as well.,……one of the characters supports Wimbledon FC!

The series was written by a guy who supports West Brom and he always fits at least one West Brom reference into each episode so it’s fun spotting a “Mr Halford” or a “Bob Taylor” etc, etc.

I’d also recommend Jonathan Creek, he’s a magicians trick inventor who solves unsolvable murders.
    James Bolam plays Jack Halford, Alun Armstrong is Brian Lane and Dennis Waterman is Gerry Standing. Halford Lane standing! Where he used to watch from as a kid..

Cheers again Mick, the ones mentioned I haven’t seen, so, something to look forward to.

And, lest not forget A touch of Frost.
    Did you not meet Roy Mitchell, Thomas? He was the writer of New Tricks. He was a regular poster on here, Roymit, but sadly he was another poster who seemed to have disappeared into the ether and never returned. Any idea of what became of him?
    Last edited by phild; 05-06-2023 at 09:25 PM.

Strike is also a great show on BBC iPlayer, based on the novels which I think were written by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling)

......Another very good Dennis Waterman series is the BBC detective programme filmed around 2005-2010 called New Tricks in which retired detectives go over unsolved murders, some very good actors in this and the humour is good as well.,……one of the characters supports Wimbledon FC!

The series was written by a guy who supports West Brom and he always fits at least one West Brom reference into each episode so it’s fun spotting a “Mr Halford” or a “Bob Taylor” etc, etc.......
    I introduced Thomas and Roy to each other at The Griffin when the three of us met up for the game against Brentford where Kyle Edwards scored the winner.

Great day out on the train, an away win and we all got absolutely smashed. Good job I was walking on a crutch that day 🤣 🤣 🤣 .

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Did you not meet Roy Mitchell, Thomas? He was the writer of New Tricks. He was a regular poster on here, Roymit, but sadly he was another poster who seemed to have disappeared into the ether and never returned. Any idea of what became of him?
    See above Phil'. Roy had a serious health issue which he was on the road to recovery from when I last saw him at the Hawthorns pre Covid. He still posts on another forum from time to time so he's still with us 😎 .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)