+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maatsen- is he worth £20m ?

Maatsen- is he worth £20m ?

Chelsea appear to think so. Not sure he’s worth that much. Half of that would be more favourable. What do others think ?

Our MO now is to buy players cheaply to develop and sell on at a profit. There is very little upside if we pay £20 million for Maatsen, or anything like that, so we won't do it. With a couple of years PL experience he may well turn out to be worth £20 million, but right now I agree with Mal, maybe £10 million tops, and that's pushing it.

I was thinking £7.5 million.

End of.

His supposed market value when he joined us was £5 miilion, now it's £12 m
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ian-...spieler/485585

. I don't think he is PL defender. But if we don't get him who is our backup for Taylor assuming he gets the spot?

Allegedly we have had a 15 million quid bid turned down by Chelsea. 🤯🤯
    I wouldn't have bid anymore than 10million quid Certainly hope we don't up it. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Chelsea appear to think so. Not sure he’s worth that much. Half of that would be more favourable. What do others think ?
    This boy has it all , yes he’s young and a little green , but he has pace to die for - vision - two feet and a little nasty streak thrown in.

Potentially he could be a superstar- lacks a little defensive knowledge but I figure his value wi increase in the next 3/4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I figure his value will increase in the next 3/4 years.
    Is it worth the risk though Army, if you buy a player for £3/4 million and it doesn't work out, you lose £3/4 million, if you buy a player for £20 million...........

I have no idea how much Vinni has to spend, but there must be a limit to it, we've already spent £15 million on Beyer, do we want to make it £35 million on just two players ? If they really do want £20 million I really hope we walk away.

I suspect if we have actually tabled a 15 million bid this will be our top offer on a take it or leave it basis. I like Maatsen but we are not I think going to pay 20 million and I doubt if Chelsea will receive a higher offer.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Is it worth the risk though Army, if you buy a player for £3/4 million and it doesn't work out, you lose £3/4 million, if you buy a player for £20 million...........

I have no idea how much Vinni has to spend, but there must be a limit to it, we've already spent £15 million on Beyer, do we want to make it £35 million on just two players ? If they really do want £20 million I really hope we walk away.
    It’s a risk for sure Sinkov and I’m confident VK will have other targets ( other posts I’ve mentioned a good player for us at less than half the value ).

I suppose it’s all a gamble and to put it into
    Context I’m not sure we could command the fee selling him on - by that I mean if his true vale became 55/60 million because it’s Burnley could we command that? I’m not sure.

At 20m I think at this moment in time it’s too much for us - I’d buy him if we had the brass because i personally believe he will be a special footballer ( he could end up left midfield mind not full back ).

He’s definitely a premiership player in the making and I think Chelsea maybe testing the water to recoup for FFP - if he came for half with a sell on clause I’d gamble I think.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)