+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Who ate all the pies?

O/T Who ate all the pies?

Let this serve as a word of warning to ELK and any other Madsters heading out on budget flights this summer. Get on those scales and make sure you are a trim 12st before boarding

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...13e2bad9&ei=16

I saw it last week CAMiller about weighing passengers in Australia, I will need a bacon slicer to take off 5st 5lbs,
    to reach 12st. Should be flying with Tui, but now flying with Freebird.
    Oops Freebird is the company you mention in your post.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 05-06-2023 at 07:56 PM.

I’m fine. I’m going with Obeasy Jet.

Jet2 are also “ subcontracting” some of their flights this year, to a company called AirExplore

Last year we booked with Tui from Doncaster airport, flew with a Lithuanian company to Bulgaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Jet2 are also “ subcontracting” some of their flights this year, to a company called AirExplore
    Yeah Grist, i had an email a few weeks ago explaining that the new planes Jet2 have ordered could be late. Airexplore is a temp carrier for them, they are a Slovakian airline.
    Other airline do this at peak times. I suppose it stops them from having too many aircraft in the non-peak times, so the "new planes" could be a little white lie.

Seems very strange. Even with a full plane it shouldn't happen. I think something else must have been going on. Simple solution would have been to offer incentives to fly on a later flight (and then compulsory random individual cancellations) to get the weight down - rather than cancel the flight.

We booked with Tui holidays, which allows 15kg hold luggage, 10kg hand luggage.
    We always pay for more luggage, ie 25kg hold luggage, with going for a month.

My mate booked the holiday at the Tui shop in Parkgate, told maximum hold luggage
    was 20kg, so paid for the extra 5kgs, told flight details to be notified.

At a later date we were notified we were flying with Freebird, their maximum hold
    luggage is 20kg. so could not pay for extra.
    I had a look at the Freebird website, 20kg maximum hold luggage, sports equipment
    extra charge, but cabin luggage only 8kg.
    Our holiday contract with Tui is 20kg hold luggage, 10kg cabin luggage.

But one time we had booked a holiday to Egypt with 20kgs hold luggage, 10kgs cabin
    luggage, the company used a different airline.
    When we got to the airport, at the check-in desk everyone told 15kg hold luggage, with
    10kg hand luggage, I said we had paid for 20kg hold luggage. we were told either pay
    for the extra 5kgs or you can not board the plane. There were about 60 people having
    to pay, who had been moved to the flight company.
    The flight company was Thomas Cook, but I can not remember which other company we
    actually booked the holiday with.

I normally book the holiday for a month for 6 of us, booking in pairs in case anyone as
    to cancel, & do it on line, but mates were in Parkgate one day, called in Tui shop &
    booked it.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 06-06-2023 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Seems very strange. Even with a full plane it shouldn't happen. I think something else must have been going on. Simple solution would have been to offer incentives to fly on a later flight (and then compulsory random individual cancellations) to get the weight down - rather than cancel the flight.
    Maybe not that strange. An aircraft fuel load is matched to its gross weight plus a percentage extra to allow forminor diversions.

When aircraft are scheduled to " drop off" and go to a second airport then extra fuel is taken on to continue the journey without refuelling at the first stop.

I see The Whale is included with Amazon Prime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast