+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    How bad was the Aussie fielding today?! No matter, a good display for England, with Ali reaching some impressive all-rounder stats that is often overlooked, and I never expected Crawley to get passed 20 in the series, so pleasantly surprised.
    Would prefer us to smash as many as possible in the morning, try and only need to bat once. Wickets in hand, can go big every shot.
    Much as you said you’d ‘prefer’ then RS. Not quite just a morning ‘thrash and smash’ though and I for one never expected a lead that big. The momentum has certainly shifted and I suspect only the weather can stop us deservedly squaring the series. Hats off to Jonny Bairstow, he’s taken a lot of stick this summer, much of it justified, but in this Test he’s kept well and that innings was a bit special. C’mon Manchester weather Gods...give us a break tomorrow and Sunday.

Weather needs to behave for the next test too! Would be nice to at least make it 2-2, so fingers crossed we can bowl through them between the rain showers. Maybe Anderson can go out on a high

Looks like that’s about it then. The weather Gods are Aussies and the Ashes are gone till 2026 at the earliest.
    Perfect conditions tomorrow and Tuesday...wouldn’t you just know it?!
    Real pity...could easily have been so different and we should really be going to the Oval all square...at least!
    Still, an opportunity to make it 2-2 down in London...let’s hope we can take it.
    No Tests north of Nottingham next home Ashes series in 2027...Southampton, Lords, Trent Bridge, Edgbaston and the Oval...think that’s just wrong!

A shame, but I’ll take small victories where I can - Mrs F’s gradual conversion to cricket lover took a significant step forward when she told me (optimistically as it happened) that the game would ‘resume’ at 1pm rather than ‘restart’

Mrs rA has taken far more interest of late too. Asked me why they didn’t schedule six days with one set aside to make up for weather delays. I know I’d be delighted if the proverbial boot was on the other foot...but it’s a reasonable question.

Fifth test seems to sum up the series. Interesting but so frustrating! It’s a pity it doesn’t really matter that much.

If Australia could catch we'd be in trouble. Need to take advantage with a big 2nd innings

Woakes at number 3 anyone??

We'll probably know by 11:02

Jimmy can retire now as Broady won't overtake him now

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)