+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2023.

Ashes 2023.

Not long to go now and has there ever been an unluckier cricketer than Jack Leach? Crohn’s disease, concussed while trying to stop a boundary and now, on the eve of the Ashes, out for the rest of the season with a stress fracture of his back!
    Feel for the guy...a really wholehearted and committed trier although, having said that, will his likely replacement by Moeen Ali really weaken us? I don’t think so. Sad for Jack but Moeen is a more than adequate replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not long to go now and has there ever been an unluckier cricketer than Jack Leach? Crohn’s disease, concussed while trying to stop a boundary and now, on the eve of the Ashes, out for the rest of the season with a stress fracture of his back!
    Feel for the guy...a really wholehearted and committed trier although, having said that, will his likely replacement by Moeen Ali really weaken us? I don’t think so. Sad for Jack but Moeen is a more than adequate replacement.
    Yes unlucky fellah but he’s had his moments - the most watched 1 not out ever on YouTube for instance

Will Moeen be willing to come back, will he cope with the stress because there's no doubt the Aussie's will go after him (in their own special way!) from his first delivery? If the answers yes to both questions then he's our man.
    Once the series starts it's six weeks of non stop cricket, who needs footie!!
    Will the outcome be 😎 or 🙁? I reckon a drawn series.

It's a tough call as Rehan Ahmed would be the adventurous option, but he's barely out of nappies at this level and going against the most extreme opponents. I hope he comes back but I'd still give Rehan a game in at least the Oval test unless it's a decider or on any pitch likely to be spin friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yes unlucky fellah but he’s had his moments - the most watched 1 not out ever on YouTube for instance
    Indeed but Ali will be a capable replacement. Ah your back? Thought you might be away seeing as football threads haven't been given a sticky lately.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Indeed but Ali will be a capable replacement. Ah your back? Thought you might be away seeing as football threads haven't been given a sticky lately.
    Back but not able to do stickies til Saturday sorry, normal service thereafter

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Back but not able to do stickies til Saturday sorry, normal service thereafter
    Welcome back AF...please note now nice we’ve all been to each other in your absence...not a single cross word.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's a tough call as Rehan Ahmed would be the adventurous option, but he's barely out of nappies at this level and going against the most extreme opponents. I hope he comes back but I'd still give Rehan a game in at least the Oval test unless it's a decider or on any pitch likely to be spin friendly
    Thought you’d be backing Will Jacks, GP...given he’s a man of Surrey and the endless opportunities for puns. Are you doubting he’s up to it?

Welcome back AF...please note now nice we’ve all been to each other in your absence...not a single cross word.
    Thank god for that, I'm rubbish at crosswords!
    Be interesting to see who gets picked to bowl in 1st game, for me the most important is having Broad ever present, keeping Warner in his pocket from the off.

Thought you’d be backing Will Jacks, GP...given he’s a man of Surrey and the endless opportunities for puns. Are you doubting he’s up to it?
    Ah but the heart belongs to Gloucestershire. I'd suggest your Surrey proposal is more of batsman who bowls a bit than the sort of spinner that worries Test batsmen on non responsive surfaces. So for me Jacks off the table

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)