+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will go

Who will go

We are all talking about and getting anxious even for at least the first signing over the line but who do you think will be departing. I don't mean the obvious few we have been trying to off load but who out of the present decent squad players like Maxi for instance.

If we plan to bring in a few new faces then a similar number will need to depart.

It's a good question, Pat. I think I'd been focusing on fringe players only but you could be right -there might be a surprise departure.

Out of the first team, Maxi is the obvious one, isn't he. I can't really think of anyone else who Howe might want to sell. He's so big on the togetherness of the group that I think it will be more about adding competition by making space by getting rid of players like Manquillo, etc, who aren't in his plans.

What's this I hear about St.Maxamin saying his farewells to the fans on Twitter, any truth in it ?

From his most recent Insta-post Maxi looks to be heading out the door.

That kind puts pay to links with Marcus Thuram on a free I'm guessing.

Murphy Manquillo The Saint and sadly Targett.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Murphy Manquillo The Saint and sadly Targett.
    There's no way Eddie is letting go of Jacob Murphy - he's become a valuable member of the squad

The only first team players (regular team and bench) to leave will be ones that want to. I don’t see Murphy wanting to go but Maxi, Targett and Manquillo might.

Maxi is obviously the main one.

I think several of our fringe players, will give it a season if they can, simply because the amount of games we'll have to do will make them think they'll get game time.

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    There's no way Eddie is letting go of Jacob Murphy - he's become a valuable member of the squad
    He has which is remarkable for someone of his limited technical ability (and I don't mean that as a dig at him).

Someone like Harvey Barnes would be a very decent upgrade but Murphy has something we need in our squad and I'd hate to see him leave.

What’s been interesting to see with EH is not just the importance he puts on player attitude but the value he puts on some players who don’t even usually make the bench - Lascelles (club captain!) and Ritchie spring to mind.
    It’s not just all about who performs on match day but these players are hugely important in moral and training in preparation for the games.
    Then there are players like Murphy (and Trips obviously) who are massively important to moral.
    It’s been an eye opener for me on how he builds a true TEAM and it’s not any where near just about skill and tactics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)