+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanarama Goal of the Season Vote

Vanarama Goal of the Season Vote

Three Notts goals in the 12 options - surprising for me the Macca goal they chose when I thought the Chesterfield one was the best of his season, but there we go.

Goal 1 – Rohan Ince (Woking) v Dorking Wanderers (A)
    Goal 2 – Jeff King (Chesterfield) v Southend United (H)
    Goal 3 – Aden Baldwin (Notts County) v Boreham Wood (H)
    Goal 4 – Quevin Castro (Notts County) v York City (A)
    Goal 5 – Paul Mullin (Wrexham) v Boreham Wood (H)
    Goal 6 – Idris Kanu (Barnet) v Wrexham (A)
    Goal 7 – Elliott Lee (Wrexham) v Oldham Athletic (H)
    Goal 8 – Reece Smith (Maidenhead United) v Wrexham (H)
    Goal 9 – Nicky Wheeler (Dorking Wanderers) v Torquay United (A)
    Goal 10 – Danny Whitehall (Eastleigh) v Southend United (H)
    Goal 11 – Macaulay Langstaff (Notts County) v Maidenhead United (A)
    Goal 12 – Mike Fondop (Oldham Athletic) v Dorking Wanderers (A)

Only team with three goals in the 12 (unless you count Dorking, who were on the receiving end of two of them - and Wrexham with two scored and two conceded). No goals against us on the list, which is interesting in its own way too.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...l-league-76478
    Last edited by OchPie; 06-06-2023 at 10:38 AM.

Agreed. Macca's goal vs Chesterfield is the best I've seen. No other player at this level could do that first touch and finish.

Regardless of the best goal, a Wrexham player will win it assuming it's online voting.

Ok, most of the goals are long range efforts which is a bit disappointing. Yes, they look good when they go in but there's an element of luck involved. That said Danny Whitehall's free kick from his own half should win it just for the pure arrogance of it. Macca's is a great goal because of where he hit it from, most other players would try to head it and most likely miss so it's a great bit of skill from Macca. Also, Mullin's goal doesn't look much but he still had a lot to do and showed some great composure to pick his spot.

Maccas goal vs Maidenhead was Halland-esque, absolutely unreal finish...Castro's goal was a pure worldie and Baldwins was a cracker... I remember seeing the Fondop goal for Oldham and that was a minter too.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Agreed. Macca's goal vs Chesterfield is the best I've seen. No other player at this level could do that first touch and finish.
    Yet it didn't win the Notts goal of the season award

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Yet it didn't win the Notts goal of the season award
    I think people voted for Baldwin's goal for emotional reasons. It was a great strike, but loads of players can do that at pretty much any level. Macca's first touch and finish would have looked good in a Champions League final.

Fondop through the fog?

I'll go 1) Whitehall 2) Castro 3) Fondop

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think people voted for Baldwin's goal for emotional reasons. It was a great strike, but loads of players can do that at pretty much any level. Macca's first touch and finish would have looked good in a Champions League final.
    It can be the only reason.

I'd forgotten about that ridiculous 7-5 game between Wrexham and Barnet too... what a way to score the 12th goal of the game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast