+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Song to Run Out to

Yes I know it belongs to the Blues really. Like gogs idea. We have adopted the white stripes tune for quite sometime now and it goes down well on the kop and in the library.

Sorry ncfcog typo!

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    Sorry ncfcog typo!
    Don’t worry, I’ve been called worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I actually thought we sounded great after Scott’s peno winner singing we’re the black & white army so don’t think it needs changing.
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

I was beginning to think I was the only one who loves it. I think it's the best run out song we've ever had, because not only do I love the song in it's own right, we can also adapt it to a regular chant.

Could be worse though, imagine running out to a dirge like Mullocking Tyre!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

I was beginning to think I was the only one who loves it. I think it's the best run out song we've ever had, because not only do I love the song in it's own right, we can also adapt it to a regular chant.

Could be worse though, imagine running out to a dirge like Mullocking Tyre!
    In full agreement Elite, great song and good adaptation.

Mull of Kintyre is absolute d0g5h1t but have to admit You've lost that loving feeling is a beauty, when you've just scored a goal.

I too think Seven Nation Army's, The White Stripes is an almost perfect song for us to come onto the pitch too. It's just a shame we play in black stripes . I was just putting Radar Love out there as we do all eventually seem to be falling for #radarlove.

On a more general note, does anyone know which club originated the “Everywhere we go, watching super xx” chant. A bit weird to hear both sets of fans singing their own renditions of it at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Hard to believe this song was released nearly 50 years ago. I bought the UK single which was only about four minutes long.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I too think Seven Nation Army's, The White Stripes is an almost perfect song for us to come onto the pitch too. It's just a shame we play in black stripes . I was just putting Radar Love out there as we do all eventually seem to be falling for #radarlove.
    Out of interest, what did County run out to before Seven Nation Army? 'County's the Team for Me' gets an airing from time to time in the build up to games, but I'm a bit surprised that a team as old as Notts doesn't have something older/more traditional.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm an Everton fan really, but I've been watching County when I can since the relegation season. For Everton (and weirdly, Watford) 'Z Cars' as the 'run out' music is iconic, and goes back to the 1960s. I was going to say that Seven Nation Army was quite recent, but wikipedia tells me it's 20 years old now. I don't remember County coming out to anything else since I started watching them... does it go all the way back to its release, and what did they run out to before then?

Don't get me wrong, it's great as a run-out song. Just curious.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast