+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Song to Run Out to

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    Yikes... 'Seven Nation Army' is such an upgrade on 'The Boys are Back in Town'. In the absence of anything with a historical pedigree, my vote would be to stick to 7NA.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like "Everywhere we go"... it's a horribly contagious earworm virus, and it's pretty much perfect as a terrace chant... easily recognisable intro that's just the right length so it can catch on, requires no great singing ability so easier for someone to start, two-syllable customisable team reference, no complicated lyrics to learn, short and repeatable so it can build and fade quickly.

It's too good, therefore it's everywhere. Victim of its own success. Think I first heard it at the York City game, but I think the Kop was singing it then too, so it must be older than that. But perhaps not that much older?
    This Celtic version is from December 2021:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx0e2suG1Zo

Loads of clubs sing that "Everywhere we go" chant and I don't really like it either, this season I've heard it sung accompanied by "watching Lincoln City", "watching super Mansfield" , "watching Chesterfield FC", and the Notts version, think it was Celtic who started it.

The best version of it was when the players sang it in the dressing room after winning promotion

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Loads of clubs sing that "Everywhere we go" chant and I don't really like it either, this season I've heard it sung accompanied by "watching Lincoln City", "watching super Mansfield" , "watching Chesterfield FC", and the Notts version, think it was Celtic who started it.
    I think most of the Premier League teams fans sing it seen videos - think it has been around for a while

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234