+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron signs for Stockport

It would be a blow to lose our captain to what might well be a promotion rival, but that's exactly what he did when he left Torquay for us. Presumably we offered him more money, and he thought we were a better long-term bet for progress. Perhaps Stockport at this stage are a step ahead when it comes to wages and promotion potential, but who knows. It might never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It would be a blow to lose our captain to what might well be a promotion rival, but that's exactly what he did when he left Torquay for us. Presumably we offered him more money, and he thought we were a better long-term bet for progress. Perhaps Stockport at this stage are a step ahead when it comes to wages and promotion potential, but who knows. It might never happen.
    That's just it they'd be very little point if any other than more money to move to Stockport...if true which I doubt.

Nothing has been signed yet. However as i said on here last week, i was told Stockport had made him what was described to be a 'ridiculous offer' it includes a hefty signing bonus. I've been told Cameron wants to stay but he wants Notts to increase their offer, something we are unwilling to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Nothing has been signed yet. However as i said on here last week, i was told Stockport had made him what was described to be a 'ridiculous offer' it includes a hefty signing bonus. I've been told Cameron wants to stay but he wants Notts to increase their offer, something we are unwilling to do.
    Rather than signing Didsy then, should we have put that money towards improved contracts for Nemane, Cammers? Accepting that it would it have been a futile gesture in Rodders case as he may well be heading for the Championship?

I fully understand why players have their heads turned by big money offers, it’s only natural, but I’d like to think when we make an offer to a player it’s our best and only offer. If money is the motivation and they can get more elsewhere then don’t stand in their way. Playing for a club on the up like Notts has to be worth a few extra quid anyway, especially when you consider the way the club is run, the coaching staff and facilities etc. Oh and of course the wonderful fans!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Rather than signing Didsy then, should we have put that money towards improved contracts for Nemane, Cammers?
    That's the kind of move I've been thinking about and hoping for. We haven't been in the L2 recruitment market for 5 years, and it's booming. Can we bring forward the 'lesson's learned' and act on what they're discovering about the market now? (if it's true)

F*****' Stockport, this year's FGR if this plays out

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I fully understand why players have their heads turned by big money offers, it’s only natural, but I’d like to think when we make an offer to a player it’s our best and only offer. If money is the motivation and they can get more elsewhere then don’t stand in their way. Playing for a club on the up like Notts has to be worth a few extra quid anyway, especially when you consider the way the club is run, the coaching staff and facilities etc. Oh and of course the wonderful fans!
    Stockport are definitely a club on the up as well though, and they may get there faster than Notts. They've been throwing money around for a few years now, signing players that most other teams at their level wouldn't be able to. They're much close to Wrexham than Notts in that respect, and I fully expect them to push for automatic next season.

Rather than signing Didsy then, should we have put that money towards improved contracts for Nemane, Cammers? Accepting that it would it have been a futile gesture in Rodders case as he may well be heading for the Championship?
    Yes but McGoldrick could be the extra quality that we require where as we might have a couple of players already airmarked to replace Nemane and Cameron for the same wages or less
    We are on a journey and in the Directors and Management I trust,there will be casualties along the way and at the end of the day the players have choices whether they want to travel with us or not

Yes, Stockport with no other additions will be right up there with Wrexham.

Watching them in the play-offs, it's notable how they recruit - big physically strong players who can play as well (and they'd have been promoted instead of Carlisle if it wasn't for injuries).

I'm all for the bros' long-term, measured approach and a year of consolidation is fine by me, but if they really are ambitions for a back-to-back, double-promotion, they need to realise that Wrexham and Stockport will leave only 1 auto spot left, so it'll be back to a kind of NL scenario.

To try to avoid that, we need to put forward competitive offers to the likes of Kyle Cameron.
    All Notts fans will back them whatever, they've won back our league status....as long as the club's aware of what it'd take, if they're wanting back-to back...
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 09-06-2023 at 06:33 PM.

I'm going to say no because Didzy even at his age would be an outstanding signing at this level. Not only would he bring goals and assists, but i believe he as well as the size of the club/infrastructure would attract players to the club. I remember people were worried after Wootton left, a few weeks later Langstaff walked through the door. As good as Nemane and Cameron were last season, i do believe the owners could replace them especially now we are back in the EFL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast