+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Pep

Our Pep

Thought Guardiola cut a lonely figure out on that pitch tonight and not once did City players welcome into their celebrations. Whether that was afore mentioned pre game or not for them I don't really care. What I would really love to see is Luke Williams and his backroom team take the accolades in front of our three sides of the ground come our first home game back in the EFL. I know they will be focused on the game before them but we owe him and his staff our utmost appreciation for taking us back into the football league. God bless you Luke and your staff. Feel the force Luke!

I'd imagine Pep did that on purpose, let the players have the spotlight , the shine , let them enjoy themselves. He looked happy and relieved to me, taking all in.

The players all looked very emotional, lost for words and delighted.

As for our Pep, the head coach will no doubt get the standing ovation he deserves when he first walks out for that first home game. Anything above that will be a distraction, he's got work to do, I'd rather he was fully focused on that. Plus we don't want to unnecessary fuel the opposition with a big show pre kick off.

Listen to what Grealish just said about him

Yes ladder as I said he will be focused on the game in hand as for the opposition, they wii be brushed aside by the rejuvenated stylish Magpies. On different note, do you think McGoldrick's signing is significant with Derby wanting Ruben and a sprat to catch a mackere. With no disrespect to either of these two great footballers?

Sorry about auro text of your name.

I've been called far worse lol. Two (non required) apologies in 2 days, must be a record.

I'm only guessing , like everyone else on here, and I hear what you are saying but I don't see them as linked. I want RR to stay, if he goes, then I would choose Derby over all other rumoured destinations. Makes total sense to me and a great move.

If he leaves as I and others have said this softens the blow significantly.

I think this is where we, as fans, were let down by the council, as we could have shown our appreciation for LW all the back room staff with a civic reception. I tend to agree with Laddo and just have LW step onto the pitch and give his customary hands above the head clapping to all parts of the ground salute.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    Thought Guardiola cut a lonely figure out on that pitch tonight and not once did City players welcome into their celebrations. Whether that was afore mentioned pre game or not for them I don't really care. What I would really love to see is Luke Williams and his backroom team take the accolades in front of our three sides of the ground come our first home game back in the EFL. I know they will be focused on the game before them but we owe him and his staff our utmost appreciation for taking us back into the football league. God bless you Luke and your staff. Feel the force Luke!
    25000 Notts supporters showed their appreciation at Wembley.