+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- can anyone remember when Tiswas were down @ Notts at Half time for a game ?

O/T:- can anyone remember when Tiswas were down @ Notts at Half time for a game ?

I know they were down for a game possibly a testimonial , Not sure who's. That day shattered my illusions, as it was that day I discovered that the custard pies were indeed not custard pies !!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-06-2023 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

April 12th 1978 - Les Bradd testiimonial

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    April 12th 1978 - Les Bradd testiimonial
    Thanks uysapie

That jogged my memory. I seem to remember the Phantom Flan Flinger running around the pitch, fully armed! Vague memory of Central TV's Trevor East playing at Meadow Lane too, might have been that or a different testimonial.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I know they were down for a game possibly a testimonial , Not sure who's. That day shattered my illusions, as it was that day I discovered that the custard pies were indeed not custard pies !!
    Before I started going to Notts, but I can give you the details......

18th April 1977 testimonial for David Needham, Nottingham XI 2 Midlands International XI 1
    The 'Nottingham XI' was a mixture of current Notts and Forest players, the 'Midlands International XI' was made up of top players from Birmingham City, Derby County, Leicester City, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers. At half-time an 'ATV Tiswas XI' took on an 'All-Star Celebrity XI' in a 20 minute match.

The referee was Jack Taylor. Not sure if he ever reffed any Notts fixtures, that might well be the only time a World Cup final referee officiated at Meadow Lane.

Name:  LBtest.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  16.7 KBName:  lb test prog.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  15.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Name:  LBtest.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  16.7 KBName:  lb test prog.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  15.0 KB
    That means Tiswas were at Notts twice then. The Evening Post and the programme for the Needham testimonial bills Tiswas for HT entertainment.

Mike Edwards had a testimonial (I think he eventually got paid), but his ten years were over two spells at Notts. Was Les Bradd the last player to be granted a testimonial game for ten years unbroken service?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Mike Edwards had a testimonial (I think he eventually got paid), but his ten years were over two spells at Notts. Was Les Bradd the last player to be granted a testimonial game for ten years unbroken service?
    Stubbs, Ray O and Pedro Richards all had testimonials after that, though Ray O might have been just shy of 10 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast