+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

👋Ruben leaves

Ruben Rodrigues has informed us that he’ll be moving on after three years at Meadow Lane.

The 26-year-old Portuguese has been a key figure since arriving from the Netherlands in 2020 and played a pivotal role in last season’s promotion, scoring the goal which sent the play-off final to penalties.

With his contract expiring this summer, he was offered the opportunity to extend his stay but has decided to pursue a new challenge.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “We’d like to thank Ruben for his fantastic service to the club since his arrival in 2020.

“In joining us, he made a brave decision to move away from family and friends to further his career in a foreign country and he can certainly be proud of what he’s achieved.

“We made a very strong offer to retain him but, while we’re of course going to miss his qualities, we respect his decision and wish him every success for the future.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...rigues-130623/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-06-2023 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Added waving goodbye icon to title

Rightly deserves his own thread for this expected but still disappointing news but I want to get in early and personally say thank you Rúben da Rocha Rodrigues for all your efforts whilst at Meadow Lane.

You regularly provided moments of class in every game I saw, once you got match fit your effort for the team was undeniable, you provided so much joy and special moments over the past few seasons. That freaky goal at Wembley will never be forgotten.

Now go tear it up in a higher division, you deserve this move.

I (Still) HEART Ruben.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Ruben Rodrigues has informed us that he’ll be moving on after three years at Meadow Lane.

The 26-year-old Portuguese has been a key figure since arriving from the Netherlands in 2020 and played a pivotal role in last season’s promotion, scoring the goal which sent the play-off final to penalties.

With his contract expiring this summer, he was offered the opportunity to extend his stay but has decided to pursue a new challenge.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “We’d like to thank Ruben for his fantastic service to the club since his arrival in 2020.

“In joining us, he made a brave decision to move away from family and friends to further his career in a foreign country and he can certainly be proud of what he’s achieved.

“We made a very strong offer to retain him but, while we’re of course going to miss his qualities, we respect his decision and wish him every success for the future.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...rigues-130623/
    Been excellent for us, best of luck to the Lad wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Been excellent for us, best of luck to the Lad wherever he goes.
    Probably the best and maybe even my favourite notts player I've ever seen, I just hope he makes the most of whatever opportunity he's turned notts down over and isn't regretting it in 6 months time.

The recruitment team have got their work cut out replacing his creativity though, any team is going to struggle with 30 less goals and assists in the team, so hopefully they can find someone, unless McGoldrick will fill the void.

His talents deserve to be seen on a higher stage and if there is more dosh then even better for him. He has always given his all for Notts and we as a club should be proud of finding this little gem.
    Good luck Ruben.

I have to say in some ways I'm more sad to see him go to a team like Oxford than I would have if he'd got a big move, but then my feelings of our club being bigger than one man strengthened at the same time! We will move on, trust Williams etc ...

Wish him luck, but you have to say it's a weird move?

Good luck to him, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Always had the talent but blossomed under LW. Massive contribution to the promotion campaign despite tailing off in the final quarter - maybe due to injury and/or distractions from elsewhere. Whenever he played he offered that unpredictability and intricate skill that unsettled opponents and required their close attention.

Delighted to have watched him playing and being part of the NCFC story - thanks & best wishes to him.

We will replace him and continue to progress accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    I have to say in some ways I'm more sad to see him go to a team like Oxford than I would have if he'd got a big move, but then my feelings of our club being bigger than one man strengthened at the same time! We will move on, trust Williams etc ...

Wish him luck, but you have to say it's a weird move?
    He's gone to Oxford. I don't even want to know how much money he's on there to make the slightest of upwards moves🙄

Best nutmegger I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Probably the best and maybe even my favourite notts player I've ever seen, I just hope he makes the most of whatever opportunity he's turned notts down over and isn't regretting it in 6 months time.

The recruitment team have got their work cut out replacing his creativity though, any team is going to struggle with 30 less goals and assists in the team, so hopefully they can find someone, unless McGoldrick will fill the void.
    If it is Oxford they were only a couple of points above the drop last season. They must have offered him one hell of a package.

Hmmmm, 2019 though;

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Oxford United have suffered 20 years of poor quality football. After several years in the Conference and League Two we are finally getting back to where we need to be. All of this has been put in jeopardy by our owner, Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth. Here's why:

He lives on the other side of the world and is completely uninvolved with the fans. He rarely attends matches.

He has appointed a board of businessmen who also live overseas.

The club's recruitment has been dire, and little money has been spent.

He has worsened relations with the stadium owner, leading to a loss of atmosphere with the disbanding of the Ultras.

The club has suffered four winding up petitions over the last few months. On every occasion there is a new excuse but nothing changes.

Tiger is either totally disinterested in the club, a completely incompetent owner, or both. This is not an acceptable state of affairs.

Sign this petition to let Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth know that he know longer has the backing of Oxford United supporters.

Football without fans is nothing. #TigerOut
    Last edited by countygump; 13-06-2023 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast