+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Ruben's late-season form reminded me of Wootton's dip in form last season. Coincidence, or were their minds elsewhere?
    Would love to see the data but my impression was he ran less and passed more (and very few nutmegs by the end), which suggests he was just spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Wrong as of his leaving date ,he represented a club in L2, so one level up
    He was a good player for us, but faded towards the end, we can get someone just as good or better, Fair play to Ruben if he wanted a change, got more money etc
    He's not wrong really because he asn't actually played in league two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Well obviously it wasn't a contractual agreement otherwise there would have been a breach of contract. I never said that. However, there could have been an (and I'll use the same word again) 'agreement' between the two clubs. Ruben, DM, Derby, Notts and Ruben's agent possibly could have been party to it. His agent could have then used that 'agreement' to get a better deal from Oxford.

I can't really see why Derby would have let McGoldrick go after his last season. Even if he only played 75% of the games.

Lots of ifs and buts, but there did seem to be some incestuous connection around the whole thing.
    Derby didn't let him go, they offered him a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    I don't think he's good enough for L1 - I can't see him starting regularly.

In any event, best of luck to him. I think he'll need it.
    I think the same was said last season with Wootton and Division 2 he ended up Stockport’s player of the season and if he had stayed fit Stockport would have probably gone up.
    Ruben certainly has the technical ability and vision for Division 1 and possibly Championship only time will tell.
    The Oxford coach supposedly plays a football style that is similar to LW’s so he has a good chance of succeeding he must keep working on his fitness levels and I wish him the best of luck and it’s no skin off our nose if Oxford were promoted

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I think the same was said last season with Wootton and Division 2 he ended up Stockport’s player of the season and if he had stayed fit Stockport would have probably gone up.
    Ruben certainly has the technical ability and vision for Division 1 and possibly Championship only time will tell.
    The Oxford coach supposedly plays a football style that is similar to LW’s so he has a good chance of succeeding he must keep working on his fitness levels and I wish him the best of luck and it’s no skin off our nose if Oxford were promoted
    A bit of speculation as to why, Rubes may have chosen Oxo.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/06/13/...nited-opinion/

Good luck to Ruben, joy to watch for the vast majority of his three years here and gave us a final season to deliver promotion when others moved on last summer. Deserves his shot at a higher level.

For us it’s an opportunity not just to fit McGoldrick in but also for Austin and Jones to really step up and make their claim to be our main creators after good seasons.

It certainly is a position where we are seemingly well covered. If does indeed make fitting McG in easier IMO, and if he and JJ and Austin are our main creative talent going into next season and they remain relatively injury free I am more than happy. JJ should excel.

Some people clearly have absolutely no idea what free agency means

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Good luck to Ruben, joy to watch for the vast majority of his three years here and gave us a final season to deliver promotion when others moved on last summer. Deserves his shot at a higher level.

For us it’s an opportunity not just to fit McGoldrick in but also for Austin and Jones to really step up and make their claim to be our main creators after good seasons.
    Good post. As Laddo says, we're quite well positioned player-wise for replacing his creativity. The 3 mentioned will get their shot and the signs are promising.

I wonder if he spoke to Jodi before he made the decision. They didn't seem too bothered about helping him recover from his latest injury.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast