+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almost 1 In 4

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Have to disagree on your WFH thoughts. Most meetings are done on Teams these days so it makes no difference whether you're sitting in your home office or at a desk at work - in fact if you work in an open office, as most office workers do, there are clear benefits to be working in a home environment.

The work / life balance improvements that three days in the office and two days WFH have brought me and others at the company I work for have been immense. There has been no drop off in productivity and we're all much happier.
    After the new external directors joined the D4L board of directors the board meetings were moved to be held by Microsoft Teams.
    It did not make much difference except that the D4L members now do not have a clue what has been discussed as the D4L secretary no longer posts the minutes of the board of directors meetings on the new D4L website.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Not sure I agree that malingerers are really the problem. I think that everyone is thinking that there is a work life balance that can deliver the same economic benefits to them whilst working fewer hours. Working from home is a disaster. We are living in a fantasy land where people genuinely think they are delivering the same level of service as if they were at their place of work. Chatbot and AI will soon put everyone who relies on the Internet for their employment on the scrap heap. I'm fed up arguing with computers over energy bills and stuff. I fear the future is bleak for grumpy old gits like me.
    Hopefully politicians will be the first group of people to be replaced by AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd have to double check this but if there's a fraudulent claim in Scotland I think the maximum they chase you for now is £5k
    Aye I believe that's right and I think it's no longer a criminal offence in Scotland either so no fraud conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Have to disagree on your WFH thoughts. Most meetings are done on Teams these days so it makes no difference whether you're sitting in your home office or at a desk at work - in fact if you work in an open office, as most office workers do, there are clear benefits to be working in a home environment.

The work / life balance improvements that three days in the office and two days WFH have brought me and others at the company I work for have been immense. There has been no drop off in productivity and we're all much happier.
    That's good to know. Hope it stays that way. I am concerned that once your team retire there will not be a plan b to use a current way of describing an issue for our club.

I'd say that your firm would be in the minority

Most work from home public sector are paid to fanny about
    We're not public sector right enough - we know the value of work

I'd say that your firm would be in the minority

Most work from home public sector are paid to fanny about
    There are far too many people employed in the public sector, particularly in local authorities.
    Argyll and Bute Council employs an assistant team leader who is in charge of recycling bins in the Kintyre and the Islands area. Another waste of council taxpayers money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)