+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 📝Jim O'Brien signs

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Some interview that, loved the way he spoke about our club
    Yes, excellent interview. Pleased to see him back
    With the 'gotta out of the NL' mode gone, you can appreciate players like Jim that really want to play for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Some interview that, loved the way he spoke about our club
    And the way he spoke about "his" club. Much is now redeemed for the failure to keep us up in the first place.

Great News, Loyalty, 100%, Great Servant 👍

Glad he's staying. Wealth of experience & never gives less than 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    And the way he spoke about "his" club. Much is now redeemed for the failure to keep us up in the first place.
    Let's be fair here, absolutely no blame can be attributed to JOB for getting us relegated. He came in, battled every game, even having a scrap with some Cambridge players in the tunnel but none of the spineless cretins who wore the badge and shirt backed him up. He was first to sign back up when signings were allowed knowing we'd be in non league and on a hiding to nothing that first season getting our team together just days before the season

JOB never needed redemption as there was nothing to redeem for. A good, honest and hard working professional who I'm glad represents our club!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Let's be fair here, absolutely no blame can be attributed to JOB for getting us relegated. He came in, battled every game, even having a scrap with some Cambridge players in the tunnel but none of the spineless cretins who wore the badge and shirt backed him up. He was first to sign back up when signings were allowed knowing we'd be in non league and on a hiding to nothing that first season getting our team together just days before the season

JOB never needed redemption as there was nothing to redeem for. A good, honest and hard working professional who I'm glad represents our club!
    heartily agree! And, on teh day we say byby to Rubes, this will help keep the whole team vibe/spirit alive from last season. Less shortterm exciting than the Didzy signing maybe, but just as if not more important.

I'm glad J O'B has signed and there was no way i would have said that at the start of last season. However i cant help but wish it had been the other way around with RR staying and JOB going .

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm glad J O'B has signed and there was no way i would have said that at the start of last season. However i cant help but wish it had been the other way around with RR staying and JOB going .
    or even both of them staying! No, I hear you but I'm still very happy that J'O"B re-signed.

LW will have known about this, possibly before JJ signed. Might have encouraged us to stump up for Didzy's [high?] wages

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post

Great Post and I could not agree more. JOB tried to help us to stay in the football league, but the damage had been long done before he even came in and had the heart of a lion in that fight to stay up whereas others didn't. He stuck through the club through it's darkest hour, when it's future was in the balance and it was at it's lowest ebb. Then he came back season after season of playoff defeat and stayed loyal to the club.

I will be delighted to see JOB run out for the first time playing for the club again in the football league. As our longest serving player he is the symbol an epitome of the journey we've been on. Great that he's here for another year.

One of "The Undeniable Heroes" and has helped made us what we are today and for that JOB deserves much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Good news but I don't think he'll be playing much next season and his experience can help others.
    It depends on who else we sign, but I'd still rank Jim as a 'first eleven' player when we're playing one game a week. The only limitation is when the fixture list gets crowded and his minutes have to be managed, but he's still a quality and hugely influential player.

I got speaking to some Barnsley fans a few months ago and when they realised I was a Notts fan, their first response was 'Jim O'Brien'. Clearly they thought the world of him up there too. Just an outstanding pro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast