+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Summer Rumour & Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Duff is too loyal to leave Barnsley until the project is complete. Five years maybe ?

Duff has a lovely family home in the Cheltenham/ Cotswold area, his wife is a Cheltenham lass and settled there, his kids go to school in Cheltenham and all the family have long established friendships in the area. But those are not the reasons he stayed at Cheltenham FC. It was loyalty and a desire to see the project through. He still commutes weekly to Barnsley from Cheltenham, spending weekends and breaks in the family home.

The fact that Swansea and Cardiff are do-able daily commutes on the M4 and Bristol City is a short drive away will all be irrelevant to Duff.
    He is here to loyally stay at Barnsley until the project is completed.
    I assume this sarcastic comment is aimed at me SB because I have spoke of Duffs loyalty & that I think he sees it as a project , well that is just my opinion which does not mean anything, like your opinion where you have made it clear that Duff will be on his way asap , I respect your opinion & hope you are wrong but I do not understand why you are aiming sarcastic shots at other posters because they hold different views , I thought you were better than that.

What was the money she has spent on the club ? It surely can't be The Investor Group (including her husband) who gave Conway free rein for four years as their representative at BFC. Thadda been better playing the "driving women's football forward" card Nudge. Impossible to trump or criticise.
    I don’t know the details on how this worked but when Chien Lee was Chairman he placed Paul Conway on a contract to run the club.
    When that expired JAQ joined forces with Neerav and James to wrestle control off Lee.

If you listen to Khaleds latest interview he says it was probably a good thing that we got relegated - and he sorted indicated that relegation enabled the club to sort the boardroom out - putting the club in a position to build a good foundation.

So why all this negativity towards a woman who has done all she can to move the club forward !?!?!

Just a thought is this the “Official Summer Rumour & Transfer Thread”

Perhaps a new thread headed “The Boardroom” or similar would be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post

Tha reyt Pogs.
    It’s sort of slipped from ‘who we might sign’ - to - ‘how we go about signing players’.
    A subject that been discussed over and over again.
    And yet we still get comments relating to the head coach bringing in players.
    And the present recruitment system is rubbished - even though we can see with our own eyes players such as Mads, Kichen and Luca that were brought in for next to nowt and thus keeping the club away from a mountain of debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I assume this sarcastic comment is aimed at me SB because I have spoke of Duffs loyalty & that I think he sees it as a project , well that is just my opinion which does not mean anything, like your opinion where you have made it clear that Duff will be on his way asap , I respect your opinion & hope you are wrong but I do not understand why you are aiming sarcastic shots at other posters because they hold different views , I thought you were better than that.
    I have to say Shads that you were not on my mind when I wrote the post on Duff and loyalty. No one was. It was a general post pointing out that the pull of family ties often overrides the view that coaches or players stay at a club because they are loyal.

I have never posted anything but praise for Duff's time here.

It was not a "sarcastic shot at other posters" and apologise if that impression comes across. The post merely offers a challenge to the view that because Duff stayed at Cheltenham for a while it means he must be loyal and stay at a club for a long period. It was written in response to the rumour that Swansea may be interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I don’t know the details on how this worked but when Chien Lee was Chairman he placed Paul Conway on a contract to run the club.
    When that expired JAQ joined forces with Neerav and James to wrestle control off Lee.

If you listen to Khaleds latest interview he says it was probably a good thing that we got relegated - and he sorted indicated that relegation enabled the club to sort the boardroom out - putting the club in a position to build a good foundation.

So why all this negativity towards a woman who has done all she can to move the club forward !?!?!
    Conway has only ever held a small percentage of shares, Pacific Media Group (Conway and Hung) holding around 7% of shares.

Conway's power came from the fact he was the representative of the New York Investor Group. Conway set up a Special Purpose Acquisition Company on the New York Finance network and pitched to the New York finance market that money could be made from undervalued soccer clubs in Europe through asset sales and player trading. Four Hedge Funds bit at the prospect of making money from the venture and joined Conway's SPAC as a group calling themselves "The Investor Group". They made Conway their representative to act as he thought to maximise their profits.

At this time the Crynes and Parekh jointly owned around 40% of BFC shares and Lee/ PMG around 40%. The investor Group held the remaining 20% giving them the balance of power when added to Lee's/PMG's 40%. As Conway was left by the Investor group to get on with it with little or no monitoring he was free to do his work from early 2018 to the summer of 2022, when, after relegation, the Investor Group finally woke up to the fact that Conway was trashing their investment and the promised profits were not appearing.

The Investor Group of Hedge Funds, including JAQ's husband, binned Conway and transferred allegiance to Parekh. JAQ's husband and the others in the Investor Group were culpable of not monitoring Conway, just standing aside hoping for profits to roll in, and it is stretching credibility that it was all Lee's fault with JAQ coming in as a new player on the scene "wrestling control back". The Investor Group, including JAQ's husband,
    had control all the time for four years as Conway wrecked the club
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-06-2023 at 11:54 AM.

I have to say Shads that you were not on my mind when I wrote the post on Duff and loyalty. No one was. It was a general post pointing out that the pull of family ties often overrides the view that coaches or players stay at a club because they are loyal.

I have never posted anything but praise for Duff's time here.

It was not a "sarcastic shot at other posters" and apologise if that impression comes across. The post merely offers a challenge to the view that because Duff stayed at Cheltenham for a while it means he must be loyal and stay at a club for a long period. It was written in response to the rumour that Swansea may be interested in him.
    No worries SB, just how I read it, but we all have different opinions & to be honest its a good job we do , personally I said in a previous thread that I expected Duff to be here when the new season kicks off but with our track record I fully understand why others have a different view , anyway at least we are discussing a manager for the right reasons & not one who has failed & us fans calling for his head, anyway it will be an interesting summer & hopefully we come through it with a manager & a squad that gives us a fighting chance next season, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post

Just a few diversions from the central issue which are of interest to some Poggs.

Some are even vaguely relevant to transfer activity.

Any rumours anyone now we have missed out on Bellingham ?

Yes we have SB, he has moved from Birmingham to Sunderland!
    Apart from Istead we are apparently after his Luton team mate Admiral Muskwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I can’t see the point of trying to undermine a person who has adopted the club, spent money on the club and shown more positivity towards the club than some fans that have supported the club for decades.
    it was just an attempt at light hearted humour

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast