+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Ashes

O/T The Ashes

Anyone a big cricket fan? Doesn’t hurt to follow more than one sport as I follow quite a few.

First day England went in to bat and are currently
    50-1.

240-5 at tea Root repairing the innings if we’ve won toss need to be looking at 350 minimum
    Steve Smith will be licking his lips when it’s his turn to bat

I think declaring on 393-8 was a good call.

Aussies on 14-0......interesting. Stokes wanting a nibble at the Aussies before close.

Used to love test cricket now they are one day cricketers. Old days Lillie & Thompson Holding & Roberts Kaple Dev Imran Knan Botham & Willis spinners Bisham Bedi Shane Warne, spelling? Been to Bramall Lane many a watch Yorkshire. Now can't get into it. Bet it costs abit like yesterday to watch it there.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Used to love test cricket now they are one day cricketers. Old days Lillie & Thompson Holding & Roberts Kaple Dev Imran Knan Botham & Willis spinners Bisham Bedi Shane Warne, spelling? Been to Bramall Lane many a watch Yorkshire. Now can't get into it. Bet it costs abit like yesterday to watch it there.

edit... many a time to watch Yorkshire

Great day's cricket yesterday. This is the most exciting England team and cricketing philosophy I've ever experienced. Two massive contributions and one very promising one cut short by the most unusual dismissal, from 3 Yorkshire men. Stokes' decision to declare has divided opinion, but I reckon he got it right, offering his bowlers a chance to get amongst the Aussie openers before close of play. He may well live to rue the decision, but this new approach is all about excitement, risk and winning as convincingly as possible. Got to love this refreshing approach.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post

Batsmen Viv Richards Alan Border Boycott Gooch Tendulkar Gavaska

All rounders Sobers Keith Boyce one of my heroes

It's not same now I can't watch it was on yesterday when I was out even sky presenters now look like tailors dummies! Old days with John Arlott & Richie Benaud etc... never better them.

Great tactics from Australia. They have broken Ali and his age and lack of red ball cricket has become obvious.
    Now the seamers will have to bowl back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Great tactics from Australia. They have broken Ali and his age and lack of red ball cricket has become obvious.
    Now the seamers will have to bowl back to back.

That's what I've said the England side are mostly white ball cricketers. Rest of world sides?

I think England could have been in a much better position in this match.

I agree with Scum regarding how the Australians have contained England.

Gru the price for a day at Headingley is £98 ont western terrace. I’ll be there for the second days play. If you have any questions for Hamshaw about Lamy I’ll put them to him 🤪

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast