+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Championship

The Championship

A bold managerial appointment from Queens Park. They were good last season and looks like they may be one to watch again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65899231

If we get the recruitment right , goalie / defence sorted , we will favourites and rightly so . I expect Dunfermline to be a threat as well , ultimately though , if we hit the ground running we should have enough to get the job done

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A bold managerial appointment from Queens Park. They were good last season and looks like they may be one to watch again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65899231
    Saw that, bold as you say Terry, high risk high reward, pretty sure that will go one way or the other for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    If we get the recruitment right , goalie / defence sorted , we will favourites and rightly so . I expect Dunfermline to be a threat as well , ultimately though , if we hit the ground running we should have enough to get the job done
    With Thistle having financial problems coupled with there best players leaving , seeing the way QP ended the season and with the Pars not being able to compete with our budget we will be strong favourites and rightly so .

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    With Thistle having financial problems coupled with there best players leaving , seeing the way QP ended the season and with the Pars not being able to compete with our budget we will be strong favourites and rightly so .
    Don’t forget Inverness, with the money they got for reaching the final , plus the way they finished the season once they got all their players back from long term injuries , I believe they will be your nearest challengers , finish above them and you’ll win the league

Championship odds. United are bookies favourites by some distance. United at 11/8, the next nearest is Partick at 6/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ionship/winner

Do we deserve that tag? I think we will benefit from a not very strong league. I would say if we bring in a fairly decent keeper and a striker yes, otherwise we could struggle to live up to this billing and be as mediocre as the rest.
    Last edited by arab777; 07-07-2023 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Championship odds. United are bookies favourites by some distance. United at 11/8, the next nearest is Partick at 6/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ionship/winner

Do we deserve that tag? I think we will benefit from a not very strong league. I would say if we bring in a fairly decent keeper and a striker yes, otherwise we could struggle to live up to this billing and be as mediocre as the rest.
    I can't believe Partick are second favourites, there won't be much left of that play off team and they are financially on their arse

I can't believe we are favz ADS.. for very similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I can't believe Partick are second favourites, there won't be much left of that play off team and they are financially on their arse
    I think that just demonstrates how weak a league it is. There are no stand out teams, hence our favourite tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I can't believe we are favz ADS.. for very similar reasons.
    Fair point well made

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)