+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfers Thread

Summer Transfers Thread

Due to FFP (apparently we fall into the tier of clubs that must follow the rules), I don’t expect Wolves to be too active.

But sounds like Neves has been sold to…..Al Hilal for 55m. Happy with the fee but I thought he wanted to play Champions League? Could understand this move when he’s 30, but not at 26 when he can still start for one of the top clubs in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Due to FFP (apparently we fall into the tier of clubs that must follow the rules), I don’t expect Wolves to be too active.

But sounds like Neves has been sold to…..Al Hilal for 55m. Happy with the fee but I thought he wanted to play Champions League? Could understand this move when he’s 30, but not at 26 when he can still start for one of the top clubs in Europe.
    I think his preference would be to play Champions League football, and probably to play for Barcelona as was widely reported. That deal doesn't appear to have worked out because Xavi wasn't convinced? Or because Fati wasn't prepared to move the other way?

I would imagine, sadly, that money will play a big part in this decision as far as Ruben's concerned, he will be on astronomical wages and his future will be secure as a result... although I'm sure it is already. I'm pleased if this pans out that he won't be lining up against us next season, that would be tough!

This truly is the end of an era, if and when it happens, but I wish him well we have been blessed having him and Moutinho marshalling our midfield for so long.

Something just occurred to me... Aren't Newcastle and Al Hilal under the same ownership? In which case Ruben could be loaned to Newcastle freeing up Newcastle to do more transfer business without being in breach of FFP... If so that stinks.

Looks like Collins off to Brentford for 23m. I think there’s a player in there as he’s still young but I don’t think Julen wants to take the lumps we would while playing him. Just too many bad decisions when he played. Would need time to work those out and Julen wants to win, not develop.

Napoli offered 35m for Kilman. Wolves rejected as they want at least 40m.

Looks like Collins off to Brentford for 23m. I think there’s a player in there as he’s still young but I don’t think Julen wants to take the lumps we would while playing him. Just too many bad decisions when he played. Would need time to work those out and Julen wants to win, not develop.
    I’m not convinced he’s a premier league player, as you say too many mistakes and poor decisions in his games so far. I’m happy to sell him at a profit at this point and invest in a young talent as cover for Dawson.

I hope we can keep Max, he’s a quality player going back to his cameos under Nuno, he’ll be hard to replace!

Looks like Nunes is officially off to Manchester City. Loads of potential but wasn't able to put it together consistently at Wolves. I imagine he will be successful at City where he won't be close to the best player on the pitch and can benefit from the attention and play of others. We got a decent fee and midfielder Tommy Doyle in return. Doyle played consistently at Sheffield United last season in their promotion campaign, hopefully a solid addition. I have read that Uruguayan CB Santiago Bueno is set to come over. Much needed depth and competition at CB.

Hopefully we can quickly use the funds from the Nunes sale to get another MF and a wide player or two.

Looks like Nunes is officially off to Manchester City. Loads of potential but wasn't able to put it together consistently at Wolves. I imagine he will be successful at City where he won't be close to the best player on the pitch and can benefit from the attention and play of others. We got a decent fee and midfielder Tommy Doyle in return. Doyle played consistently at Sheffield United last season in their promotion campaign, hopefully a solid addition. I have read that Uruguayan CB Santiago Bueno is set to come over. Much needed depth and competition at CB.

Hopefully we can quickly use the funds from the Nunes sale to get another MF and a wide player or two.
    With the benefit of hindsight we should’ve bought Pahlinha instead of Nunes, £20 million less and look how he’s performing... Nunes never looked like he wanted to be here, his pointless sending off against Brighton and then his hissy fit over the move to Citeh show his weak character.

Doyle and Bueno both seem promising 👍. There’s a young Paraguayan winger incoming too supposedly, but I guess he’ll go into the development pool?

Two in through the door today, Santiago Bueno and Enso Gonzalez and it would appear that Tommy Doyle from Man City is joining us on loan with an option to buy. Doyle is the Grandson of former City player Mike Doyle.

Things are looking up. If we can just keep Sasha fit and Fabio scoring, who knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)