+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ashes thread.

Nice to see a bit of sensible batting for a change, makes all the difference as anyone who has played the game will understand

That is the idea of having a forum though is it not?

There hasn't been a lot of positives to come out form a team perspective as we have literally thrown away the first two tests, apologies for thinking we might do it again.

You have to be honest though, we have not been anywhere as professional with any of the tests so far as we could have been. It doesn't seem long ago that Bairstow and Root were on amazing form and looked unstoppable, but for whatever reason they just aren't performing.

I admit I do not play a sport for a living, but for those of us watching it seems like they are making things much more difficult than it should be.

I think that saying we should hang our heads in shame is a ridiculous comment.

We are capable of achieving so much more than we are getting at the moment is all most of us are saying

Would have been even more satisfying if Cummins and Starc had floored each other when taking that Brook catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    That is the idea of having a forum though is it not?

There hasn't been a lot of positives to come out form a team perspective as we have literally thrown away the first two tests, apologies for thinking we might do it again.

You have to be honest though, we have not been anywhere as professional with any of the tests so far as we could have been. It doesn't seem long ago that Bairstow and Root were on amazing form and looked unstoppable, but for whatever reason they just aren't performing.

I admit I do not play a sport for a living, but for those of us watching it seems like they are making things much more difficult than it should be.

I think that saying we should hang our heads in shame is a ridiculous comment.

We are capable of achieving so much more than we are getting at the moment is all most of us are saying
    A well thought out post Steve.

I wouldn’t dream of asking someone to hang their head in shame for being positive about stuff all the time.

I actually find that trait extremely annoying but I wouldn’t think of trying to shame someone for that opinion.

Most of us are a product of our lives and upbringing…….I certainly am, not that I’d want to wash all that dirty linen in public.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    not that I’d want to wash all that dirty linen in public.
    GO on Mick, there's nobody here....not the one about the piles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    GO on Mick, there's nobody here....not the one about the piles.
    Piles are the least of my personal issues mate!🤣

Some days, I’d swop the old piles for what I am coping with! 😩🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Piles are the least of my personal issues mate!🤣

Some days, I’d swop the old piles for what I am coping with! 😩🤣
    I knew you would take it in jest....but take care of yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I knew you would take it in jest....but take care of yourself..
    Thanks Dubs.

I dish out the pee taking but I always take it back and deservedly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Nice to see a bit of sensible batting for a change, makes all the difference as anyone who has played the game will understand
    Can you explain when the 'bit of sensible batting' started for you. I'm assuming it's the bit that won the game for England ie The Brook, Woakes, Wood partnerships which was the very epitome of Bazball. Before they got together England were going at around 4.75 and over. 'Sensible bit' all but 6 an over.

From someone who played many year at the dizzy heights of The Cuckmere Valley League usually as a No6 bat and first change bowler.

Actually I don't think anyone of us of any idea what it is like at this level. I watched but didn't see the side on camera angle of a Cummins (I think) delivery in the nets on Sky. When I say I didn't see it I literally did not see the ball go past.

The sensible batting started from ball one, very few rash shots, Crawley was actually leaving the ball really well, the run rate came about because of numerous bad balls that were rightly punished, I enjoyed the way England went about the chase, common sense batting, Brook again looked the class player he his, ‘Baz ball’ was played by Wood and latterly by Woakes who I thought batted with care and intelligence.
    I played against paid professionals, one allowed per team, bowling against Pakistans Ramzan was an eye opener, a tiny bit offline and the ball went to the boundary, the class difference was huge, I remember bowling against an Aussie pro ( can’t remember his name) in the 80’s, nearly bowled him first ball, after that wow you just couldn’t bowl to him, far too good for us

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)