+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ashes thread.

The Ashes thread.

Probably best to keep all of our cricket related posts on this one thread.

Let me kick it off……Crawley, what a useless, chinless t w a t.

Virtually any top 7 first class batsman could average 28 in Test Matches so what entitles this bloke to a continual place in the side?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Probably best to keep all of our cricket related posts on this one thread.

Let me kick it off……Crawley, what a useless, chinless t w a t.

Virtually any top 7 first class batsman could average 28 in Test Matches so what entitles this bloke to a continual place in the side?
    I agree and with Bairstows keeping performance I would move him up to open and bring Foakes in to keep, and if the pitches are all going to be the same you need someone with real pace as your 3rd bowler, whilst I applaud the current attitude this is the ashes and you need to pick your best players.

I could hardly believe it when Foakes was left out. He is a world class keeper and he can bat.

Interesting last day.

Bunch of feckless w anchors.

Batted like entitled kids.

As they say ‘discretion is the better part of valour.’ I honestly think that England should have taken this to heart in the latter part of their second innings. There are occasions when a different approach is required. Today was one of them.

When England lose this Test it’s not down to Australia but our own mistakes.
    Arrogance beyond belief declaring in the 1st inns, errors in the field, missed stumping, dropped catches, no balls Then more stupidity thinking we can smash the Aussies to all parts, the openers apart terrible shots, for all the so called Baz ball Australia have turned up played proper cricket and will win the game.
    This Australia team are for the taking and our sheer arrogance is making it an even contest.

Declaring with 8 down and with Root on 118 and Ollie also in,I think they could of made another 50 odd runs in the first Innings and that now seems could be the difference in winning and loosing
    Australia will not ever Declare unless they can see they have batted you out the match.

I have to agree with most of the comments with regards to wrong tactics, what does that remind you of?

Having said that, it certainly makes it more interesting than usual!

Let's hope Broad is firing and the ball is swinging to make it difficult and we can have them out if the weather holds out.

It's England's mistakes in the field/selection that might cost us but to say this Aussie team 'World Champions, top 3 ranked batsmen, best bowling attack is anything but a top side is a nonsense.

Everyone seems to be ignoring this. If England had had batted at a more normal 3 an over and not declared that would have taken around another 5 sessions! Result is the only result we would now be looking out is a draw and this board along with half the rest of England would not be all over this match. I'm all for a bit of extra excitement in life. COE

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)