+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2023-24 Charity Bets

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Sorry IBS but only just seen this and I jumped the gun (I know it's presumptuous not to expect us to win the next 8 games) and today donated my 25.00 to Bluebell Wood by way of purchasing raffle tickets in their Bring in Spring raffle (100% goes to the charity). Should I for once in my life be lucky and actually win anything (2,024 first prize, 500 2nd prize) I will split those winnings 50/50 between Bluebell Wood and Rotherham Hospice. As Brin always says "You have to speculate to accumulate"
    CAM, what a great idea! If we lose Bluebell Wood still gets our money, if we win they get more, I'm on it!

Oh just realised what I've put as ibs wanted me to donate to the Rotherham Hospice........bugger it I'll do both!

I blame Hugill
    Last edited by Brin; 22-03-2024 at 09:00 PM.

Bluebell Wood raffle tickets purchased....

Order #:
    Date:
    22/03/2024

CAM and Brin

Thank you very much.

The hospice is a cause close to my heart for reasons I don't really want to go into, but Bluebell Wood is also a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    CAM and Brin

Thank you very much.

The hospice is a cause close to my heart for reasons I don't really want to go into, but Bluebell Wood is also a special place.
    I do give to The Hospice on a regular basis and would have done this time around if I'd seen your post beforehand as obviously you won the bet. Hopefully I'll win the raffle and they'll get something or if not I'm sure I'll be losing some form of bet next season, I usually do

PS If you look at my prediction in the How Will We Do thread sticky you'll see I had absolutely no confidence in us winning 11 games (38pts I predicted - always the optimist) so knew it was really a donation and not a bet.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 22-03-2024 at 10:18 PM.

CAM and Brin

Thank you very much.

IBS you’re more than welcome. Shame my chosen player didn’t put up more of a fight to make it interesting 😄

Like I posted earlier in this thread I have personally lost some of my family and very close friends in the Hospice so I have a special bond with the place and the beautiful staff there.

Okay CAM, can I float the idea of next season's bet?

As I have won the bet this year it is only fit and proper that I be allowed to name the terms of the bet for the 2024/2025 season so here goes:

My bet for the 2024/2025 is that I am saying the Millers will be in the same division as Chesterfield at the start of the 2025/26 season. £50 to the hospice if I am wrong. Good bet this. Plenty of permutations.

So are you up for it?

Who you going to get on here having a £50 charity bet? Not car booters they want something for next to nowt! I raised my charity bet to £25 cause I thought we can't be as bad as last season when we got 11 wins how wrong I was!

My bet for the 2024/2025 is that I am saying the Millers will be in the same division as Chesterfield at the start of the 2025/26 season. £50 to the hospice if I am wrong. Good bet this. Plenty of permutations.it?
    Great to see a bit of optimism on our part because I think chessy are likely to be in L1 next season

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Who you going to get on here having a £50 charity bet? Not car booters they want something for next to nowt! I raised my charity bet to £25 cause I thought we can't be as bad as last season when we got 11 wins how wrong I was!
    Gru people can decide their own stake. Times are hard I realise that. But if people want to bet a £5 that's fine.

I think it's a really clever bet.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast