+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Evening Post : Poor Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you want the latest news on Notts look on here.

If you want the news on Notts a day late (copied from here) read the Red Rag.

The bias is obvious and has been for a long time.

Looking at more of their local sites, it's definitely left to the local editors who gets direct links on the menu bar and who doesn't and it wont have anything to do with what generates clicks.

Cambs Live has links for both Posh and Cambridge, Bristol does both clubs, Lanc live has 4 clubs linked, yet Oxford Live has no link for OUFC, not does Northants for NTFC, just sports links on those.

Definitely bias at play here, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Whereas smaller clubs have links that are not hidden. I maintain this is deliberate and the decision has been made by somebody local, not by the owner of the group that owns all of these websites, or some algorithm.
    Complaints to the owner of the group, rather than Nottingham Live itself, might be worthwhile. Surprised the club hasn't got onto this. though maybe they prefer clicks on their own website. I remember Hardy meeting with the then editor and trying to get him on board with promoting the club better.
    Have you seen what titles Reach plc own?

Have a look around their website: https://www.reachplc.com/

I doubt that they know where Nottingham is.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I know.

If you are relying on the NEP for Notts County news then you are really missing out.
    Yes it seems the NEP seems to think there is only one team in Nottingham at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Have you seen what titles Reach plc own?

Have a look around their website: https://www.reachplc.com/

I doubt that they know where Nottingham is.
    I'm going to launch a one man DDOS attack in protest.

Think I'll pick their third top story right now, "Jane McDonald's 'new lease of life' as she shares key weight loss tips"

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Yes it seems the NEP seems to think there is only one team in Nottingham at present.
    Well, to be fair, Basford are pretty decent too so, with Notts, that makes two.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-06-2023 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well, to be fair, Basford are pretty decent.
    They’ve made a fantastic signing today

https://www.basfordunited.com/news/n...buDX__yHnod1r0

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    They’ve made a fantastic signing today

https://www.basfordunited.com/news/n...buDX__yHnod1r0
    That is a heck of a signing for them!

The days of relying on the local paper for Notts-related news are long gone. I'd much rather get my news on here or via individual content creators online - people who actually care and know what they are talking about.

Big up to the likes of Notts County Talk and Tom Williams for offering infinitely more value than the NEP (or whatever it's called) ever did.

Cambs Live has links for both Posh and Cambridge, Bristol does both clubs, Lanc live has 4 clubs linked, yet Oxford Live has no link for OUFC, not does Northants for NTFC, just sports links on those.
    Oxfords main publisher is Newsquest not Reach so locals use the Oxford Mail for their teams news. Its 3rd on the top menu (https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/).
    My assumption would be that Reach have a sites for every county and are just using the Press association feed data for content.

Looking at more of their local sites, it's definitely left to the local editors who gets direct links on the menu bar and who doesn't and it wont have anything to do with what generates clicks.

Definitely bias at play here, no question about it.
    Yes no mention of our new goalkeeper by NEP, Think we might just get a mention when we play Forest.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast