+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixture list friday

Fixture list friday

Any hopes for first league game, anything at home, a swally in Arbroath or a Highland fling?

More Saturday 3pm kick offs and less mucking about by tv schedules has to be good.

If we get a bit of momentum this could be a memorable year, and a chance to visit some classic stadia like Somerset Park and some brutalist architecture at Morton

My first post for a bit because I’m ready to be excited again and prepared for possibly more pain ⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    My first post for a bit because I’m ready to be excited again and prepared for possibly more pain ⚽️
    None of us know what to expect in the new season - I'd swap "exited" for nervous. and as for the pain, that's part of being an Arab

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Any hopes for first league game, anything at home, a swally in Arbroath or a Highland fling?

More Saturday 3pm kick offs and less mucking about by tv schedules has to be good.

If we get a bit of momentum this could be a memorable year, and a chance to visit some classic stadia like Somerset Park and some brutalist architecture at Morton

If it is the same as last season and BBC Scotland still have the TV contract then there could be a few Friday nights.
    Last edited by southwestarab; 27-06-2023 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Grammar

Only chance of a home game to begin will be a Fri as the fun will be at home that weekend

While we are polishing turds, no VAR either.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Only chance of a home game to begin will be a Fri as the fun will be at home that weekend
    We'll probably have the majority of the Friday night games I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We'll probably have the majority of the Friday night games I'd think.
    I think that will be the case but I seem to remember a team can only be allocated 2 home tv Friday night games during the season proper but can be in as many away games as the authorities choose. I would expect one home tv early doors and one tucked away for a crucial game later in the season. Only downside is the hassle for fans getting to say Ayr or Greenock for a 7.45 Friday evening ko. Will be good for the majority of the fans though with plenty of tv coverage.

This is gonna be absolutley f ucking sh1te, however train days to Raith, Arbroath etc will be a braw day oot

Mon the beers

Arbroath away first game. Friday night. 🍻

Friday night opener, away at Arbroath. No finer way to welcome us back to the league of fun.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)