+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📺A Catch-up with The Boss

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Definitely interesting to see how much we need to adapt and how we adapt. I don't know which teams last season enjoyed similar high levels of possession but will be great to see when we meet them.

I can NCM guarantee there will be mini-meltdowns when we a lose a couple early on, disappointing with all things considered, but expected#viva
    We've almost forgotten what it's like to go on a poor run of results, or to be a team that wins roughly the same amount as it loses. LW has never really been under pressure at Notts either.

For what it's worth, I expect we'll have a relatively slow start and then hit our stride as the season goes on, a bit like Stockport did last season. No idea where we'll finish though. I'd take 7th right now!

I’m not sure if we will have a slow start, most of the squad know how LW wants the team to play its just a matter of the newer players getting up to speed on his style of football.

John Bostock last season is a good example of this.

Teams have recruited and it looks like stronger opposition in a lot of games. We will lose/ draw a lot more this time around so I would take mid-table consolidation next season.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Teams have recruited and it looks like stronger opposition in a lot of games. We will lose/ draw a lot more this time around so I would take mid-table consolidation next season.
    We’ve been away for four seasons and I don’t have a clue about this division or the challenges we will face. As others have said, though, you’d expect to be punished for your mistakes more at this level and for your weaknesses to be exploited. We generally got away with our sloppiness and high line last season.

It was interesting to hear LW say that we quite like to sign players that have been through some hardship on their footballing journeys, which helps to toughen them up. JB and Dan Crowley being two good recent examples, Junior Morias would be another example, as he has played higher up the ladder. A lot of people will look at their club histories, and see them having been at a good few clubs as a negative.

Very good interviewer that lad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123