+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This years shirt teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The last time we has red names and numbers most supporters could not see the names on the shirts.
    That was because we had stripes on the back of the shirts as well. We've not had stripes on the back since I believe.

I get triggered by r*d if it's unnecessary. I wouldn't expect Coca Cola to change their colours just for us when its' a tiny little logo on the sleeve, but something huge plastered in r*d on the front of the shirt is a whole different matter.

This one probably won't be noticed from the stands. I think it looks ugly though as something you'd wear out and about, regardless of the colour, but that's the way shirt design has gone in more recent times.

I was obsessed with kit designs as a kid and I had quite a collection of shirts of other teams but I can't imagine I'd have been into it as much if I were a kid today with them frequently changing every season. It must be coming up to 25 years now since we last had the same home shirt for more than one season.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Pretty sure we had red numbers in the early 70's.

No problem to me as long as we don't have a predominantly red away shirt.
    We certainly did

This thread has prompted me to have a look PL kits for next season, hadn't realised Palace had unveiled red and blue halves on the last day of last season, that's the most radical change but my god, what the hell is this from Arsenal......

It's not the red that bothers me. We had red when Sirrel was here, can't really see a problem. My gripe is lack of stripes on the back. So many other teams seem to manage it, including teams with Puma kits. Why oh why do we not have them ourselves anymore. Other clubs including Newcastle make it work, I just detest a plain back.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Should have gone for the gold logo they have on the cricket team, would have looked far classier.
    Gold or even black would have been just as visible, why go for red when there's no need to?

Supporters will be able to see John Pye’s logo in all its glory on the front of our new shirts when the design is unveiled on Friday 7 July.

Last edited by countygump; 30-06-2023 at 12:16 PM.

Black and white vertical stripes with a square on the chest for any sponsor related words such as Home Bitter or John Pye.

We are Notts County, the Magpies. Is that too hard?

CBP, why would I have an issue with the Sky logo having red on it. The John Pye logo triggered me because of the link to NCCC and some of their players love affair with the Red Dogs, touchy maybe but there you go.
    I actually had no problem with the red Ladbrokes logo or indeed the red numbers in the white square on the back of the shirts, and wouldn't mind seeing that introduced again, as at least it would mean we had black and white stripes on front and back of the shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Skybet have red in their logo, you have an issue with that? That will be on the sleeves? When it was Coca-Cola league 2, that was a red patch, what's the issue?
    I think 1959 is a big Stones fan - he sees a red door and he wants it painted black.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    This thread has prompted me to have a look PL kits for next season, hadn't realised Palace had unveiled red and blue halves on the last day of last season, that's the most radical change but my god, what the hell is this from Arsenal......

It's a statement, for sure. We could do something similar, drop the yellow, and become the zebras instead?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast